PDA

View Full Version : New VT3 user question.

sbjon
04-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I am jumping for joy and clicking my heals over my new VT3. I have been using the amiga toaster for years and have been fortunate to purchase one within the last week. I had found a tutorial a good while back on using dve with cg. I would save them in my character gen. using an oz script for black key frame, load them in my project along with selected dves, switch on the disk recorder, put video source in an input , load key frame into keyer and adjust lumi., and double click on the dve, text would do all kind of stuff. This my be a stupid question, but can any one help make my overlay do really cool things outside of what is available in the edit properites panel??? Thanks in advance. :confused:

Paul Lara
04-05-2004, 10:30 PM
John,
Go to Control Tree view, and select the Positioner tab at the bottom of the window. This will let you instantly keyframe any position, sizing and rotation of any of your overlays.

...and welcome aboard!

sbjon
04-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Thank you. Is it possible to super impose text using a dve in the switcher. or using a dve in VT Edit, and if so how?

Paul Lara
04-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Our DVE engine does not yet support their application onto overlays.

You can certainly load the text into Aura, and use the Video | Transitions effects to create such an effect.

bradl
04-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by sbjon
Is it possible to super impose text using a dve in the switcher.Like Paul said, no 'DVE' with overlays, however, you can setup an Effect using all the tools, like 3D size and rotation in VTEdit then key that in the DSK. You can also render it out and use it in a DDR and perhaps one of the most unique ways of 3D positioning in the Switcher is the un-official DDR Edit Properties Panel, available as a download in these forums. It is a custom Skin created by the fine folks at Pizazz.
or using a dve in VT Edit, and if so how? Just to clarify, you can use DVE's in VTEdit. Just drop one on two clips on the Timeline and you're set. You can't, however, use them on Overlays...