PDA

View Full Version : Frameing and Chapter skip(not there yet)

UEI
04-05-2004, 07:36 PM
1. How exactly are film projects layed out in lightwave? What I meen is, for each scene do you have to render? Or does lightwave take the entire project and render it to a whole?

2. Is it possible to change frame rates during animation sequences? If not, then if I'm looking for a property found in scenes done with lower frame rates, what should I do?

3. Has Anyone seen "Voices from a Distant Star" ?

Silkrooster
04-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Sounds like what you want to do needs to be done in a video editing program like Adobe Premier or Pinnicle Studio.

Lightwave can render individual frames as well as a video sequences.

I have heard many times on this board to render as a frame sequence using a format like tiff, tga, psd. Rather than as a video for the simple reason if lightwave crashes, you can pick up where you left off on the rendering rather than rerendering the whole video. This is also good for long sequences as you can render a small part of the sequence each day.

As far as changing the frame rate, I am not sure about lightwave, but most video editors will allow you to speed up or slow down the video.
Hope this helps. ;)

UEI
04-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Interesting, so how would you compile those images? Use something like Premier (never tried it yet) or Animation shop and convert to AVI through that? I'll be also using Vegas Video 4. And if using this method, will Lightwave understand on a rendering process to render then save frame one, proceed to frame two save , procees ,ect? Or do you have to advance the frames yourself?

I just thought of something! If this method works, then all you have to do is import the frames into another editor, or a "Video producer" software and go through your animation. If your looking for an Animated like feel, then eliminate the redundant frames, as well as the frames that travel at a short distance from it's previous, and if you want to smooth out some portions, then leave the redundant ect frames :D

Silkrooster
04-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Now your catching on, yes lightwave will render your animation with a filename and a sequence number after that. Therefore the first frame of your animation would be filename001.psd then filename 002.psd, etc. All in sequence. Also remember that if you have repeditive loops, you could render one loop and then keep reimporting that loop into your video editor, saving valueable time. Most editors will allow you to import a batch of frames to once, check with the editor first though to verify this. As some editors may require you to load one image at a time especially if it is a cheap editor. I beleive Premeir automatically reconizes filenames with sequential numbers attached. Not sure about Pinnicle Studio, I do know that you can batch load files, as long as they are in correct order in the file directory, then they load in same order on time line. Therefore they should load according to numbers as windows directory is alpanumeric.

Once you have your images on the timeline then you can create a video for what ever your editor supports, Whether it is AVI, Quicktime, MPEG 1 or 2, DVD, Realplayer, streaming media, etc.

One quick note. This is how I create slideshows using my digital camera. I downsample the images to 720x480 place them all in one directory, then place all images on timeline and create a wipe between each image, add music and then export to minidv tape.