PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question: How to scale the timeline view...

wacom
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
I feel very stupid right now (ok make that most of the time), but I can't find the answer to this very simple question: How does one interactivly scale the timeline view? I know that Alt+ scrubbing left to right shifts the view, and that I can just punch in the range of frames I want to see in the start and end timeline sections, but...

I haven't run into this problem yet simply because I almost never set up a scene with more than five seconds of animation, but right now I'm heading towards 2000 frames...

HELP! I've checked the manual and the online help...but it's hidden from me...

Thanks...

PS- Just to be sure I want to be able to scale the main LW timeline like the MotionMixer one does with CTRL-ALT and scrubbing in the mouse.

ingo
04-06-2004, 04:24 AM
I think this doesn't work, you can't even scale the window to maximum size. It would be nice if LW follows the normal interface standards, would make our life much easier i guess.

gregsduncan
04-06-2004, 05:02 AM
Can't do it :(

Would be a great addition. On my setup which is 1400x1050 (one monitor), you only have to get up to 700 frames before you can't see individual keyframes on the timeline. And it's time consuming entering start and end frame numbers to zoom in.

Maybe in 8.5?

omeone
04-06-2004, 08:15 AM
No I dont think its available either :(
but, if you work with Graph editor open you can grab the little arrow widgets, and drag 'em to scale the view from one end - this affects the main Layout window timeline aswell.