PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels and moving textures

garv
03-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know how to get a hypervoxel texture to "stick" to the particles....instead of the particles moving through the texture......I sprayed some points in modeler, jittered them and made a few endomorphs, brought them into layout and applied voxels.....but when I animate them they move "through" the texture.....not the results I wanted.

I've tried these things:

made sure there was no reference objects attached to the texture
no envelopes of any kind on the texture
called tech support....they didn't know.....but said they think they heard how to do it on a forum...but forgot

any help would be greatly appreciated....

Elmar Moelzer
03-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Hello
Try the following:
Make sure you dont have world- coordiantes acitve for neither the hypertexture, nor the other textures, that might cause the problem. Make sure you have your hypertexture- speed set to (I ma never realyl sure here, becuase it always confuses myself) I think 100%
CU
Elmar

garv
03-18-2003, 02:05 PM
hmmm...I don't have a hyper texture applied to those voxels.....and World Coordinates is not checked.....any other suggestions?

-garv

SplineGod
03-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by garv
Does anyone know how to get a hypervoxel texture to "stick" to the particles....instead of the particles moving through the texture......I sprayed some points in modeler, jittered them and made a few endomorphs, brought them into layout and applied voxels.....but when I animate them they move "through" the texture.....not the results I wanted.

I've tried these things:

made sure there was no reference objects attached to the texture
no envelopes of any kind on the texture
called tech support....they didn't know.....but said they think they heard how to do it on a forum...but forgot

any help would be greatly appreciated....
You have textures applied where? What kind of hypervoxels are you using? Do you have a simple scene you can post?

garv
03-18-2003, 04:27 PM
I've posted the scene and oject files here:

http://www.garv.org/post/post.html

The voxels are set to surface and the textures I've applied are color, bump, luminosity. If you do a render you'll notice how the voxels move through the texture instead of staying with the voxel.

anyone figures out a way to fix this I'd appreciate it.

-garv

SplineGod
03-18-2003, 06:31 PM
At first I thought it may have been because youre using morphs but it appears to do it with a particle object with displacements too. I dont see an obvious way of changing it. What I did was to create the particles in one layer and then a sphere in another. I used point clone plus to clone the spheres to where the particles are. I saved that object out. I used undo to go back to my original setup, jittered the points, used point clone plus again and saved that object. I loaded both objects into layout and morphed one into the other. The spheres morphed just fine.
I applied the same texture maps to the spheres and this time they textures didnt move.

CGPlanet
03-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Make sure under surfaces and sprites and volumes on the hypertexture tab that Texture Effect is set to none!!!

Let me know,
D