PDA

View Full Version : video project

Whelkn
04-05-2004, 01:47 PM
school video project
I just finished a school video project that I edited with the VT[3]. The project had to be made with still pictures and be 3 minutes long. I composited it with DF 4.03 and did my matte painting stuff in Aura and did some 3d camera moves in Lightwave. ITs not the greatest thing in the world but I would like to know what you guys think of it.

right click save as the Day After picture

www.whelkn.com
its a 48 meg windows media 9 file

Jeremy

Norman
04-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Terrific job! Now, tell us the rest of the story, in tutorial form. :D

Elemental233
04-07-2004, 01:28 PM
could you repost a new link, it says bandwith exceeded

Whelkn
04-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Ya my sites down sorry---I guess to many people watched my video. As for a tutorial----man I hate writing :-)-- is there a shot in paticular you would like to know how I did it--let me know

Jeremy

Norman
04-08-2004, 01:06 PM
is there a shot in paticular you would like to know how I did it--let me know

Jeremy,

In particular, the shot in the kitchen where the father is looking through the window and in the bathroom, where he is looking at himself. Did you take the photographs yourself, or were you just given some by the family, that you manipulated.

Whelkn
04-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I took all the pictures myself. After I took them I then cut out the elements that I wanted form each picture in DF. THen composited them into the scene. Then I loaded the images onto polygons in lightwave. I used a 3d chair for the first layer, second layer was the kitchen scene 3rd was the refelction then trampoline with the boy and then the dad which was a cut out of his refelction in the mirror. I then animated the camera.

Whelkn
04-08-2004, 03:40 PM
heres some images to give you an idea. When I took the pictures I still really didnt know what this shot was going to look like. thats why I had to pain chairs out after I decided what I was going to do.

Whelkn
04-08-2004, 03:40 PM
and another

Norman
04-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Very inventive and extremely creative. Thanks for sharing!