PDA

View Full Version : modeler fiting on screen

rgouker
04-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Help
A high school student zoomed modeler out so far that I can not get it to fit on the screen. Every time I open it , there it is off the screen. When I try to open view options my computer freezes. What to do to bring it back to fit on the screen. Maybe they didn't zoom it out , I do not know what they did to get it out of wack

Thanks
Raymond

redlum
04-05-2004, 02:19 PM
I had that happen once with version 5.5. I had changed the screen resolution to 1280 or something like that, used LW. When I changed the screen resolution back to 1024 and opened LW the thing was so huge I couldn't use it. It took me a while to figure out what I did. Hope that helps.

Darth Mole
04-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Can't you just increase the display resolution until you can see the corner, drag it in, and then change the resolution back?

mlinde
04-05-2004, 02:55 PM
What happens when you click the little green bubble?

If it doesn't resize to a useable size, you need to edit the config. Go in and mess with anything using "Windowshape" or just delete "Modeler 3 Prefs" and start over. Make sure you save your keyboard and menu settings first!

tingham
04-05-2004, 03:11 PM
You know it's funny. We've been using Macs for how long?

#1. Check cables ( not related here )
#2. Trash Preferences

-thoams

rgouker
04-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Thank you for being there.
I will try it tomorrow

donc
04-05-2004, 03:50 PM
I had this problem recently with Layout (Lightwave 7.5b OSX 10.2.8).

The problem seemed to have been caused when opening LW by dragging a scene file to the LW icon in the doc in order to launch lightwave and open the scene file at the same time.

In my case lightwave opened with a 5000x5000 window that I was unable drag smaller. The green upper left window button also did not help.

In the Prefs file for LW I found several lines that started with "Windowshade". I only changed the one that ended in 5000 5000. This fixed the problem.

Good luck

redlum
04-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Darth Mole
Can't you just increase the display resolution until you can see the corner, drag it in, and then change the resolution back?

I think that's what I was saying. :)