PDA

View Full Version : Adding Text - A Newbie Question

bcicio
04-05-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm new to LW got DXF+ with the package. I've certainly got my work cut out for me learning LW and honestly have barely had a chance to look through the DXF+ materials. But I do have a quick question regarding the software.

I have a need to create animations for litigation purposes, and it will be necessary to have labels pop up every now and then and point to items in the animation. I do not see an efficient way to accomplish this in LW alone. Will I be able to easily add these types of labels and titles to the rendered scenes using DXF+ as a second step?

UnCommonGrafx
04-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Yes, rather easily.
And it would be better to do it in DFX than lw.

What type of litigation work are you involved in? I'm working on an accident injury at the moment but it doesn't require any text of this nature. But I've done what you speak of.

Fun stuff! Enjoy,

bcicio
04-06-2004, 07:55 AM
I head a graphics department for an environmental services firm on Long Island. One of the things we do is provide expert testimony in cases involving environmental damage, especially damage that may have occurred to local and regional groundwater resources.

So my main focus in LW will be mostly in recreating the general geologic environment of a site, maybe showing how a landfill in question developed over time, maybe splitting the ground open, and showing how and where blobs (plumes) of contaminated groundwater traveled, etc. In general, conceptual scenarios to educate a jury regarding the principals of groundwater movement that affected what happened at a particular site. I'm going to have to learn a lot about bringing 3D surface meshes into LW and morphing blobs over time. Sounds like fun. But I'll leave the labeling for last in DFX. Thanks for the reply.

Bill C.
Massapequa Park, NY USA

UnCommonGrafx
04-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Very cool.
I have some septic anims to do, too! How funny. Once you build up a nice geological library, you will have a lot of fun.
Blobs can just be particles, ya know? But I guess it depends on whether you are working from a dataset or from the artistic perspective of 'make it look like that'. ;)

Yes, thanks for the conversation. Take care.

UnCommonGrafx
04-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Oh,
And go look at RealFlow for your data meshes. It's a sim program for fluids and lw.

bcicio
04-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Thanks. I will.