PDA

View Full Version : true camera perspective modeling

scott_krehbiel
04-05-2004, 10:24 AM
hello folks,

I really need to be able to import a Layout camera into Modeler. Even just to get the Modeler perspective view to the same settings as the Layout camera.

This would really help modeling something out of a perspective photo, or even more tough... Camera Mapping.

I have a perspective photo of a city, and I'm trying to model all the buildings to match the photo. Once I got my Layout camera set up right, (so the streets match the layout grid) I have to model all my buildings with tons of morph states that I adjust in Layout to make the buildings match the photo. (morph states to make the roof taller, ledge wider, chimney wider/deeper, etc.)

It would be a great option if I could
1) import a Layout camera into Modeler
2) have a backdrop photo in Perspective/Camera view to model on.

Cheers and Margaritas,
Scott
:)

Zafar Iqbal
04-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Nope, cant do that :)

But you can try something else:

Under Display Options -> Viewports you can adjust the settings for each viewport - fint the one for perspective view and enable Independant Center andIndependant Zoom.

This way you can use the other viewports without affecting your perspective view.

Under Display Options -> Layout you'll filnd something called Perspective Amount - adjust this to match the zoomfactor of the camera that you will be using.

You can add backdrops from Display Options - > backdrop.

If you want it in your perspective viewport, then map it to a plane and move it to the background so you can see you models freely.