PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Texas / LW and VT2/3 usergroups

inquisitive
04-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Are there any LW and VT2/3 user groups around Dallas Texas.

I may be relocating around that area and would like at some point to attend usergroup meetings and/or meet other users.

btw, what areas to live should i consider?

Thanks

kmacphail
04-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey,

The man currently heading up the user group here in DFW is Wes Beckwith...

[email protected]

Looks like we're planning a meeting for April 24th, if you're in town I hope you can make it out.

As for where to live, the metroplex is pretty spread out. What kind of criteria do you have (work, school, etc)?

Cheers

Kevin

[email protected]

kurv
04-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks Kevin!!

inquisitive, yep we are meeting on April 24th at 1:30 or 2:00 pm so everyone can eat lunch first and come out.

We may have to have it at my house or out in Irving at 3d Art and Animation, David Michael McClain was nice enough to offer up his conference room, but it only holds 12 max. I am thinking we may have mroe than that especially since we will be giving away some great door prizes that I can not mention yet ;) .

As far as places to live..? Kinda depends on where you work unless you work from home. In that case I am kinda partial to Plano, McKinney, or Frisco. :cool:

kurv -

inquisitive
04-16-2004, 04:56 PM
I believe work will be NW of dallas within city limits.
We have looked at Carrollton and Lewisville as possible choices since they are close to 35E

Looking for a quiet area not too far from ammenities.

Not sure how bad the traffic would be from Plano, Frisco or the two other locations mentioned.

My current commute is 1 1/2 hours each way, hehe i am obviously trying to cut that down (currently in CA)

Its probably going to take me two months to get there.

Thanks