PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My lightwaves broken

peteb
04-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Been playing around with animations all day. Had a little break, when I went to load up Lightwave again it didn't work. It loads up but just freezes up. It displays the tab bars and all the icons it just has the brushed metal effect over the main work area. The same thing happens in model. I've tried reinstalling it plus reinstalling direct x and my ATI drivers but it still isn't working. Can anyone help because I haven't got a clue how to fix this?

mkiii
04-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Try running it without the hub in case you have a network / TCPIP or Firewall problem. To do this add -o to the command line.

Reinstalling DirectX will do nothing. LW doesn't use it. LW is an OpenGL app.

If that doesn't work, try backing up your config files safely, and deleting them.

If it isn't any of those things, then have a long hard think about what you might have changed in the interval - if anything has changed, put it back the way it was. This includes Windows screen font size & foreign language settings, both of which can affect the LW display.

Another really long shot is to check that you have at least a 16bit screen display set.

peteb
04-05-2004, 04:12 AM
MKiii I think you may have just solved it. I was fiddling around with my firewall connection had to change the tcp settings, so this may be it. I didn't even think that this would affect Lightwave. I'll go home tonight and try that out. The really annoying thing is I reinstalled Lightwave meaning I've got to reinstall all my plugins :(
Thanks for the great advice.

peteb
04-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Nice one MK it was the ports on my computer that were set wrong. It all works fine now :)