PDA

View Full Version : Got my mail today

peteb
04-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Lightwave 8 is on it's way, YIPEEEE!

byronaj
04-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Hmmm.... been out of it for a while and haven't kept up with the '8' rumours...

Are we not able to download it then? I ordered my upgrade November last year and since then I have moved from the UK to Canada...

Kvaalen
04-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by byronaj
Hmmm.... been out of it for a while and haven't kept up with the '8' rumours...

Are we not able to download it then? I ordered my upgrade November last year and since then I have moved from the UK to Canada...

LOL! sorry if you aren't this, but it sounds like someone signing in as a new user since he doesn't want his other user name to get a bad reputation (first post) and trying to start an argument here.

Nice try. :rolleyes:

Agian sorry if you aren't this, I don't mean to offend you but... really... is that how you start your life with this community? It's a question which IMHO is meant to cause people to complain and argue: what degrades this place. :mad:

peteb
04-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Kvaalen why do you think byronaj is trying to start an arguement? I've probably missed some big thread that's been going on but to me his mail seemd like a reasonable question.

byronaj the mail just said to send a reply to them so that they could send the CD out to my address.

petermark
04-03-2004, 05:40 PM
"Lightwave 8 is on it's way, YIPEEEE!" - so is this for real, or what?

petermark
04-03-2004, 05:42 PM
How do they word it? Sounds like it could just be a address confirmation, not an indication that LW8 is shipping right now.

byronaj
04-03-2004, 06:05 PM
eh.. 'Kvaalen' you must live in a very paranoid world.

No - my real name is Byron Atkinson-Jones - ask MarkIII - I used to work with him at Kuju Entertainment in the UK. I now work for EA Canada hence the comment about relocation from the UK to Canada.

I asked the question because if Newtek have decided to send CD's then it is bugger all use to me since I am no longer in the UK and if they send them to my old address I am obviously not going to get them. I have emailed Newtek Europe to query the status but as it is a weekend I have not got a reply yet. So, I thought I would ask the question here.

I have skipped all the previous posts about the delay and rants about the delay because I am a software engineer and know that hardly any SE project runs to intended schedule.

My post was not intended to spark any flame wars - neither is this one.

cagey5
04-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Yep, It's just an address confirmation. Despite all the hoohah about L8 shipping, it isn't. But it will be 'soon'. Ho hum.

byronaj
04-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Address confirmation?

Does this mean that it isn't going to be available for download?

What's the bet that Newtek wont allow me to re-register Lightwave with the US!

Kvaalen
04-03-2004, 11:58 PM
byronaj: As I said twice in my post, sorry if that isn't your intention but there have been people who try to start wars like that all the time about LightWave 8. The funniest thing is that people actually do give in.

The reason I thought what I wrote is because:

Are we not able to download it then? I ordered my upgrade November

Sounds like you are complaining about the delay and that you can't download it yet, but I misunderstood that you were saying that because of the address change and not because of the delay.

I don't live in a paranoid world but this forum is quite good at getting into fights. :)

BeeVee
04-04-2004, 03:04 AM
Byron,

I have no doubt that you can reregister with NewTek US, but I also have no doubt that we will send your LW8 upgrade to where you indicate if you reply to your shipping confirmation email. Don't worry, you will still get your LW8 - but did you not take out international mail forwarding? I did when I moved from Kent to France - not such a big jump admittedly... :)

B

peteb
04-04-2004, 04:10 AM
This is the main part of the mail I got.

Dear User,

We will soon be sending out electronic upgrades to LightWave 3D [8]. To make sure that you receive your CDs without delay, we just want to verify your shipping details:

Mr. Peter Butler
xxxxxxx

If this address is correct, please reply to confirm, including the message we sent, so that we can send your LW8 upgrade. You don't need to put anything in your reply, just hit send.

If the address isn't correct, or there are any errors in it, please reply to this mail as soon as possible to give us your correct details. If the address details are not correct, please take this opportunity to give us your current phone number as well.

On another note, Byron do you know a guy called Chris Caulfield. He's just moved to EA Canada from Climax here in the UK?

Original1
04-04-2004, 07:14 AM
E-mail Newtek Europe and I guess One Video with the query.

In general Newtek will always try to look after their customers, I can't tell from the confirmation email wether the distribution is being handled by my distributor or by Newtek Europe.

A general enquiry to European customer service will clarify the situation, since the the new distribution is on 4 CD's it might be difficult to distribute via a download.

But if Newtek is handling the distribution they make be able to distribute from one of their Canadian Distributors.

Ade
04-04-2004, 09:26 AM
What about us Australian residents?

It is now past Q1, no feedback on the status of the app.
What are we exactly wait on now?

mkiii
04-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by byronaj
[B]eh.. 'Kvaalen' you must live in a very paranoid world.

No - my real name is Byron Atkinson-Jones - ask MarkIII - I used to work with him at Kuju Entertainment in the UK. I now work for EA Canada hence the comment about relocation from the UK to Canada.
B]

Yeah. Byron is giving you pukka gen.
So leave off.

PS Hi Byron, how's the high life in Canukia?

byronaj
04-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi Mark!

Pretty cool - although the flames here started to get hot :)

mkiii
04-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Just give em a sprinkle of holier than thou water & they'll soon die down :)

Did you sort out your upgrade address btw? Surely you might still be able to get some sort of agreement to cancel your UK delivery & swap for a Canadian / US delivery.

byronaj
04-04-2004, 10:55 PM
I am waiting for a reply from Newtek Europe about the best way forward. I did get a suggestion from Newtek over here that I should register with them.

Mind you I would prefer the download option now I finally have broadband rather than the 56k link I had in the UK.

Cheers,

Byron.

3DEagle
04-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi,

I just received the e-mail myself. I am not complaining, I am not worried, I am not sorry for anything but I am just a little bit curious about how an electronic update can be delivered on CD's rather than as a download.

"We will soon be sending out electronic upgrades to LightWave 3D [8]. To make sure that you receive your CDs without delay, we just want to verify your shipping details:"

Perhaps my English is just not good enough to understand...

He who lives will tea
Thomas J. Lipton

...no...he did not say that!

Enjoy Sunshine in Life

Ole

BeeVee
04-05-2004, 01:44 AM
An electronic upgrade means no pagebound manual - it means a PDF manual on CD. The electronic upgrade will consist of four CDs - one program disc, two content discs and one third-party sampler disc.

B

pauland
04-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Although it was going to be a download option, Newtek (wisely) decided to send CDs (four of them I think). I suspect that the download server loading of nine months of back ordered upgrades might be a bit heavy for their 386. ;-)

Paul

Exper
04-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Chuck announced it some months ago.
I prefear wait some days more but have everything well packaged in my mail-box instead starting to bomb a NewTek server with endless downloads!

Just my 2 cents. ;)

mav3rick
04-05-2004, 08:18 AM
i still wait my mail..... nothin so far...

BeeVee
04-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Contact me with your name, LightWave serial number and email address and I'll track it down.

B