PDA

View Full Version : I've been very quiet But...

ironlips
04-02-2004, 07:23 PM
I want my Lightwave 8 please please please I want my 8

Beamtracer
04-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Rumors abound, but I speculate it'll be released in the next few days. Chuck said in another thread that the wait is almost over.

themaxx
04-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
Rumors abound, but I speculate it'll be released in the next few days. Chuck said in another thread that the wait is almost over.

we've been hearing that for months.

mlinde
04-03-2004, 06:31 AM
In Europe, they are confirming shipping addresses, and Ben Vost, a Newtek Europe rep, says it's for real. If they are getting it, I expect that we are too, seeing as how Texas is in North America...

Tony3d
04-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Newtek just extened the bonus software offer again so it still might be awhile. I love the way they make you think you better buy this offer now or you'll miss out. Ya right.

mlinde
04-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Tony3d
Newtek just extened the bonus software offer again so it still might be awhile. I love the way they make you think you better buy this offer now or you'll miss out. Ya right. Well, I would hazard a guess that they expected to ship before the "end date" of the offer, then found it might be a bit longer so they gave the offer an extension, so that it wasn't a "pre-order only" offer, for those who wouldn't plunk down money on Lightwave[8] sight unseen.

robar3d
04-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Beamtracer

I read in another forum or another thread that Lightwave 8 will be available around the week of NAB event which is in two weeks.

That's just a speculation.

Rob

shaol
04-03-2004, 04:09 PM
According to this website http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dstorm.co.jp%2Fevent%2FLW8Lau nch%2F

they say april 15th is the lauch date.

Activator
04-03-2004, 05:13 PM
About a week ago I got an email from Newtek "checking my shipping address" to ensure that my LW 8 upgrade arrives safely.

It's gotta be soon... right? :confused:

mkiii
04-03-2004, 06:44 PM
They also thought it was going to be on the 22nd of March, so don't hold your breath.

redlum
04-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by mkiii
They also thought it was going to be on the 22nd of March, so don't hold your breath.

Oh thank God because I was starting to turn blue. :D

Darth Mole
04-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Hoo hoo!! That Babelfish translation is hilarious.

"...the public demonstration which uses the large-sized screen being live, we have become the luxurious program which viewing it can receive."

(They're demoing LW8 on a large screen.)

"The existing user way of course, if the one which has interest in LightWave 3D you can participate anyone. Many people and together, fresh it doesn't try passing one day when information flies about?"

(Um, lots of LW users, together, doing something...)

"In addition, now the spot sale corner of the software & the hardware etc. of topic is provided on 1F acceptance side, shopping is possible. 3F to install, really the experience."

(You can buy copies, maybe? No idea...)