PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time

nixx
04-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi bunch,

I 've just completed a utility LScript for use with FPrime. It's freeware, it requires LScript 2.6, and it helps with adding the FPrime displacement plugin to objects (in order for FPrime to "see" them correctly).

It's pretty self-explanatory, but here it is in a nutshell :

The first option is "Add/Update", which - yep, you guessed it - adds the FPrime displacement plugin. The first mode, "As Needed", automatically detects the objects that actually *need* it and applies it accordingly. It looks for all cases when an object needs the plugin. The other two modes are to have it applied only to selected objects (whether they need it or not), and to all objects (again, whether needed or not).

The "Update" part in the "Add / Update" option means that it also checks if FPrime is the last displacement plugin in the list of an object that needs it (as it should be), and if it's not, it makes it so.
In short, the combination of "Add/Update" and "As Needed" is the one you 'll be using the most :)

The second option is "Remove", and - surprise, surprise - it removes the FPrime disp. plugin, again, "As Needed", from selected objects, or from all objects. Here, "As Needed" means that if any objects have it applied without actually needing it, it will remove it. Objects that need it will keep it. "Selected" and "All" modes again don't care whether objects actually need it or not (having control is nice !)

There's also another smaller LScript in there that just brings up the FPrime Options panel, so you don't have to go to Scene > Master Plugins and double-click on FPrime. You can map it to a key or put it in a menu, etc.

That's it for now, I hope you find them useful. Comments, suggestions, bugs, etc - email me.

Oh, here's where to get it ; )
http://users.otenet.gr/~nixx/PrimeTime.zip

nick

siproductions
04-02-2004, 10:25 PM
And a fine script that is. Thank you. :)

jamesl
04-03-2004, 12:00 AM
nixx, you're a cool dude.

j

mav3rick
04-03-2004, 01:33 AM
now i feel like artist:) i have you guys to write stuff for me:) hehehe
very good one nixx

Capt Lightwave
04-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Cool!

Thanks a lot.