PDA

View Full Version : Got confirmation mail to ship LW 8!!

Ge4-ce
04-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Newtek europe has send me an email to ask if my adress was still the same so they could ship the electronic update to my adress!!

LW 8 is shipping ladies and Gentlemen!!

prospector
04-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Why would they need and address if the shipment is electronic?

Did they ask if they could orso we could ship ?, OR did they give you a date of shipping?

There is a BIG difference.

bloontz
04-02-2004, 03:57 PM
At some point the term electronic delivery was extended to include the possibility of shipping on CD without manuals. I think it was a post by Chuck Baker towards the end of last year.

Lynx3d
04-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Well i don't quite understand the email...from Newtek Eurrope btw.

it says (translated from german):
"We will ship the electronic upgrades to LW8 very soon. To ensure that no delays during shipment occurs, we would like to check your shipping address. (...)"

Now, if it's electronic, which i would define a download, then you can't ship it :D
Whatever, just give me some kind of access to LW8 "very soon".

meanlebh
04-02-2004, 06:47 PM
I got my confirmation today as well :) ( I am in the United states by the way...)

It says very soon....let's hope that this is right....Can't wait!!!

norinradd
04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
same here lynx3d

"To make sure that you receive your CDs without delay, we just want to verify your shipping details"

from Newtek europe:)

CoryC
04-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by bloontz
At some point the term electronic delivery was extended to include the possibility of shipping on CD without manuals. I think it was a post by Chuck Baker towards the end of last year.

Yes, it has been posted several times. The LW 8 is 4 CDs (1 program, 2 content, 1 sampler) and is being shipped.

Ge4-ce
04-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Heeeeee!!!! HAAAAAAA... LW 8 here we come!

cagey5
04-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Have I missed an important post somewhere. I've had a confirmation e-mail too, but only a statement that it will be shipping 'soon'.
It's been listed as 'soon' for at least a couple of months now.
So as far as I'm aware, Lightwave isn't shipping, but there's lots of activity at Newteks and and it will be shipping....... soon.

Darth Mole
04-03-2004, 01:46 AM
You think I should leave a few nights free next week? :)

pauland
04-03-2004, 03:52 AM
The email says 'soon' and Newteks 'soon' is often longer than most people's soon..

bluehand
04-04-2004, 07:31 PM
I think we (who've pre-ordered) received the same confirmation email. I'm not getting too worried about it coming, it's been talked about for so long - but it does look like they are getting closer to a final product.