PDA

View Full Version : Doing Eye lashes and eyebrows in SAS

Mike
03-18-2003, 01:34 AM
Anyone here ever been able to do good eye lashes and eyebrows in sasquatch ??
They never come out right,they always look realy bad
I realy hate this prlugin but its pretty much only one,Newtek better have their own hair plugin with the new lightwave

hrgiger
03-18-2003, 06:46 AM
Are you talking about Sasquatch or Sas lite?
If you're talking about Sas lite, then yes, you are pretty limited in the results you can get with it. Sasquatch on the other hand is a different story. Although I find that it works better for bushier eyebrows as it's easier to paint an image map for thin brows.
And eyelashes I would reccommend builing actual geometry or little pointed tubes for a good result. You can get good results with a tube of only 4 sides and 3 segments that comes to a point. Turn smoothing on, make them a dark gray color and set some edge transparency. You'll waste more time then not by trying to use sas for eyelashes.

Stewpot
03-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Hi Mike,

This was the best I ever managed with saslite. Judge for yourself about how good the are, I wouldn't like to say. (If I am that close to a womans eyes, I usually have mine closed and other motives.)

Ignore the head!:;)

hrgiger
03-21-2003, 05:27 PM
That's not bad. I don't think very realistic though. Perhaps someone who has gotten better results with sas can post theirs. I've seen people do pretty good eyeBROWS with sas. In Dan Ablan's Inside Lightwave 6 (and again in 7) he describes how to built geometry for lashes and It usually can look pretty realistic.

TerryFord
03-24-2003, 10:16 AM
There are sample scenes for lashes and eyebrows available from Worley's site. I don't know if they'll work with sas lite (probably not), but maybe worth a look. The results are quite good...

Regards,
Terry