PDA

View Full Version : Update Website

MrKnight
04-01-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm new to this 3D World, and going to buy LW very soon. But why don't the webmasters for this site update. For example, I click on the banner that says there is a special and in red letters I see "Better Hurry, this offer ends 03/21/2004!"
Ok, are they rubbing it in that I'm too late? What's going on?
Websites that don't update look very unprofessional. I'm starting to think maybe I should head over to Maya's website.

Johnny9ball
04-01-2004, 10:34 PM
I wouldent buy software based on how there website looks. Better to buy software on how it preforms. Lightwave would be a great purchace. You wont be dissapointed in its capabilitys.

Zafar Iqbal
04-01-2004, 11:22 PM
A good and well performing software isn't everything at all. The company behind it as at least as important as the product - if not more.

Websites gives a picture about how serious, big and engaged the people behind it are.

I could easely buy some software for 100USD and not care about the website/company, since the program would be too small for me to put anything into it.

But for an app like LW, it's a totally different story.

sepiawash
04-02-2004, 09:52 PM
I am also very new to LW but didn't buy mine off the sight, though I did check it out there. If you are astudent or have any academic affiliation, the cheapiest you will find it, and I spent week's researching it, is at www.gradware.com both Mac and PC platfroms, for about $385 us, a substantial savings. and, it comes with everything that the the regular version comes with, including the big user manual, something Corel leaves out of their graphics software and Adobe includes but just is really not up to par in. You will still qualify for all the plug-ins, freebies, help, etc.
I would shop around a bit. If you do use this site, mine got here very quickly.Much faster than it will take for me to learn it I'm sure!!
Also, if you hit the site for Newtek under freebies, they are offering up a special on the ver 8. I got a letter in the mail today saying that anyone with 7 could download D-Storm's UV Edit Pro for free if they got the number sent with the message.
Sepiawash