PDA

View Full Version : im new and need help

southhilbily
04-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I have Lightwave 5.5 and i also have a problem. On my dialog boxes in layout and modeler i cannot read what is in them. I have tryed using the color changing plugin that come with it but it does not change anything. It is getting aggraveting I have to highlite everything just be able to read whats in them. If anybody nows anything about it or if anybody still even uses 5.5 and could tell me anything i would be greatfull. Thank you all for helping out a newcomer.

Bushmsn
04-01-2004, 07:15 PM
are you saying you can not see your objects name please give a better discription of the problem

bloontz
04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
I think this is a problem with windows xp and foreign language packages. If you are running xp and have a languages that you don't need try getting rid of them.

southhilbily
04-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Lets say for instance, im creating a box and i click on numeric. In the box that pops up, where the boxes are that you enter your value there is number in there but i can't read them unless i highlite them first. the font color is yellow and the box color is white. and i can't figure out how to change the font color. i have tried changing it on windows but that don't work, it don't effect lightwave. i have also used the color changing plugin but it don't do anything

Bushmsn
04-01-2004, 09:15 PM
It might be a graphics card thing. also is Lw5.5 compatable with XP? is that your operating system?. Also are your geaphics card drivers the lastest? Is this on a clean newer system?

gregsduncan
04-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Really sounds like a graphics card problem (or possibly if you have any Windows Themes set up). Check the colour depth in your settings too.

Nigel Baker
04-09-2004, 11:10 AM
I hope your problem is fixed by now but if it is not I had the same problem and it was a graphic card problem.