PDA

View Full Version : DDR Slow To Load

ktas
04-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Just wondering if I'm alone on this...

We use the DDR to run our lower thirds and full page gfx that have been created in Toaster CG (we save them as a project, in CG... it creates individual png's) before the latest update we could load 20 to 30 cg's (png's) almost instantly (using add media) now it seems to take a very long time to load them into the DDR.

We are on the air live and sometimes we need to create CG's and load them quickly and under pressure (during a commercial break) so the previous load time was great... we had an incedent where we had to do this and we were unaware of the slow down, needless to say it was a disaster.

I've tried several different settings on the preferences panel with no luck... we've pretty much ruled out hardware issues since we have two systems both with the new patch installed and they both have this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please let us know.

Thanks.

PIZAZZ
04-02-2004, 09:54 AM
I haven't noticed that here on our systems and we are usually loading clips with audio. Seems to be about the same time as before. I will check png images from CG and get back with you.

Dan Hong
04-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Another solution for graphics on the fly is to leave the CG program open, with the template up. When you need to add a name, just type it into the CG program, and then select CG as the source for the DSK and fade it in and out.