PDA

View Full Version : sharp movements in LW?

icie
04-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Hi I'm new to this forum, and I'm just starting out learning LW.

Im making a scene where I have a spot light and I'm moving it back and forth really quickly.

For example, I'm moving the spot light left 0.5meter within 10 frams and pause for 30 frams and then right another 0.5m within another 10 frams.

what I hope to make is for the spot light when moving to the left 0.5m to stop exactly there and pause then move from that position to the right 0.5m exactly and stop.

How ever I notice that LW doesn't want to do that. When I move to the right after stoping the spot light on my very left key fram there is a slight over lap in the animation line, kind of like a small twirl.

This cause my light to move slightly to the left, farther than i set the key fram before moving to the right.

I want to make a cartoon effect where everything is linear instead of a smooth effect.:confused:

Is there a way to turn this smooth effect off? sorry I've only been using LW for about 3 months. I hope someone can help me out here, that would be great

bloontz
04-01-2004, 05:29 PM
You just need to read up on how to change the spline types in the graph editor, you want to set them to linear.

icie
04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
cool, I found it
thanks for you help :D :D :D