PDA

View Full Version : mouse jump in Layout and Modeler

keithk
04-01-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm in Layout, I select an item, click rotate, and as I begin to move my mouse the object "jumps" like 467 degrees and then begins to rotate properly. The same jump happens with scale or move. I also have this problem in Modeler. It doesn't happen in any other software that I have. I also tried different mice. Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Johnny
04-01-2004, 04:14 PM
could this be fixed by the workaround everyone's been talking about: select tablet mode in general options..

in modeler, you click twice with the mouse before you start to move something, then all behaves as it should. you have to do this each time you want to move something, tho..

J

keithk
04-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks, I've been doing the "click twice" thing. That's a drag. I'll try the tabet mode.

Johnny
04-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by keithk
Thanks, I've been doing the "click twice" thing. That's a drag. I'll try the tabet mode.

the click twice thing is used in conjunction with tablet mode, but at least things don't zing off screen when you try to move them. This is a Panther/LW 7.5c thing.

J

Dagmar
04-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Got the same problem here!

Yeah, I'd call this is pretty MAJOR glitch. Makes working in Modeler almost impossible!

Glad there's a double-click solution at least, but man, what a friggin' PAIN! I suppose we gotta wait till 8 comes out for any kind of fix?

-D

Johnny
04-02-2004, 07:53 AM
yeah, that and the 7.5 patch that's being worked on and tested right now.

J

mic3d
04-03-2004, 02:57 AM
So that's it. My mouse has been flying all over the place. I thought I was going mad & missing something obvious. I hadn't thought about it being due to panther. Anyone clues when a patch is likely?

Johnny
04-03-2004, 06:51 AM
haven't heard a peep about when the patch could be ready...but the 10.3.3 update to OSX seems to have taken care of enough problems as to be acceptable...ie, the graph editor trouble is gone, etc.

J

mlinde
04-03-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm think/hope once Lightwave 8 has gone out the door that Newtek will finish up the patch to 7.5 resolving this and a few other outstanding issues. I know they were working on both at one point, but I think the pressure for Lightwave 8 was greater than the 7.5 patch, IMHO.