PDA

View Full Version : D-Strom: "April 15 we hold launch party!"

smh
04-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Now I don't know if this is their take on April fool, but D-Storm is at it again:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dstorm.co.jp%2Fevent%2FLW8Lau nch%2F

I think there is no harm in posting this here, I mean look at this way: The last time someone quoted them we got UVEdit for free...:p Now they have nothing left to give away in apology to newtek...save for Japanese versions of LW8...:D Let's hope they're right this time.

BTW 15 April coincides with the NAB seminar days which are followed by the actual exhibitions on 19th. NAB would be ideal for the launch, after all LW is last year's Emmy award winning 3D software.

Fingers Crossed,

-SMH

Exper
04-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Hoping they're not "fishing"! :D

T-Light
04-01-2004, 09:45 AM
"furthermore valuable the experience is not easily possible story"
and
"Many people and together, fresh it doesn't try passing one day when information flies about?"

I'm glad we've got that cleared up. However, I have to say I'm worried, nowhere in that post is any mention of the great Formal military officer Kamiichi :eek:

China can be pretty strict. I think we should be told.

FREE FORMAL MILITARY OFFICER KAMIICHI.

Jockomo
04-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Formal military officer Kamiichi is hanging down. We hung that sucker when he failed to deliver L8 when he promised.

smh
04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Jockomo
Formal military officer Kamiichi is hanging down. We hung that sucker when he failed to deliver L8 when he promised.

:eek: LOL!

Kvaalen
04-01-2004, 10:04 AM
I wonder if this is NewTeks way to unformally try to sneak the release date to us without it being official so if they miss it it doesn't matter. If not, I wonder what we'll get this time. Sushi anyone? :)

jamesl
04-01-2004, 11:45 AM
"Many people and together, fresh it doesn't try passing one day when information flies about?"

:D :D :D :D :D

Man, you just can't write this stuff! I almost 'passed' something just reading it!

j

ngrava
04-01-2004, 11:48 AM
LOL!!! Man, you just got to love Bablefish!

bloontz
04-01-2004, 11:57 AM
"No charge 1 software drink ticket attaching (advanced registration system)"

Wow, software drinks! Sounds like they have reentered the matrix...

mattclary
04-01-2004, 12:07 PM
This is hilarious! Why didn't we ever see Capt. Kirk or Picard have wierd translations with their universal translator! Wonder what this would read like if translated from it's original Klingon?! :cool:

Qexit
04-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Now I don't know if this is their take on April fool, but D-Storm is at it again:

Definitely not an April Fool. I got an email, also in Japanese !!, from DStorm about the launch party on 26th March and posted a question about it over on comp.graphics.apps.lightwave.

Earl
04-01-2004, 12:36 PM
:D

smh
04-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Do you know who's showing up for Worley over there? They seem to be partners in the launch event. BTW looks like they're throwing a big party, "software" drinks and all. Oh yeah and they also say the "selfishness has improved" Yipee! What more could you ask for in LW8. Gents, this is the real deal!

See for yourselves:

Scroll down to the LW8 entry dated: 03.26.2004 (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dstorm.co.jp%2Fmain2.php)

This has to be the reason behind the delay...I mean you can never put enough selfishness in there can you? How could you ever know when to stop?!?! :eek:

Disclaimer:

The above stated comments are posted with the intention of providing relief in the form of humor, to an anxious community...bla..bla...bla....;)

Qexit
04-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Do you know who's showing up for Worley over there?

Your guess is as good as mine. All I know about the event is what is posted in the DStorm announcement.....and I had to use something similar to Bablefish to read it :D

Sean Martin
04-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Software drinks only!, no hardware drugs? = No flat screen monitors thrown out of hotel windows.

Call that a launch party.

smh
04-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Looks like you didn't miss the fun...:D Does your translator confirm additional selfishness as the hidden feature in LW8? Pls tell me it is true. God I'm so excited about that! I've never used selfishness in my scenes before...I can't wait to see what it feels like. I mean just picture this:

Selfishness demo:

You got a scene with two characters, two little cartoon kids. As it goes one of them asks the other for some of his candy. On LW7.5 the kid's endomorphs were animated to say "sure here you go, I hope you like them"...but wait! Load the scene in brand spanking new LW8. Add the selfishness.p master plug-in to your scene. Locate it's global value slider for now, and crank that sucker up to 100%* make sure autokey is on...press play and behold:

The nice kid with candy now turns around and says: "Not in your life, you worthless piece of..." well you get the picture. You don't even need reanimate the endos! And get this, it works with FPrime, right out of the box!

*You could push the slider above 100%, but they decided to keep that one for LW9.;)

Cheers,

SMH

kyfsu00
04-01-2004, 01:50 PM
[

kyfsu00
04-01-2004, 01:50 PM
The last time someone quoted them we got UVEdit for free...:

the last time someone quoted them lightwave 8 came out on march 22. just a thought

smh
04-01-2004, 02:21 PM
As bitter as it sounds, your phrase is actually funny in some respects. You make it sound as if it happened that way, because they were quoted.:D Anyway...I hope this time it'll stick.

I have a feeling DStorm badly wants to ship LW8. They're even booking a night club of sorts for the "launch party".

Here's a pic, they call it the "Womb":

http://www.womb.co.jp/japanese/rental/w_rental/r_photimg/r_w06.jpg

Hope for the best,

-SMH

theo
04-01-2004, 02:23 PM
SMH - that has all the appearances of a problematic scenario with severe ethical ramifications. If LW8 is given the potential human expression of selfishness in plugin form then are we to assume that the Waving Light would be capable of calculating the sine waves of emotional cause and effect in a complex scene?

In other words would the inherent risks of the applied selfishness plugin lead to a chaotic scene where eventually you the creator would lose complete control due to the complex inertia of self-indulgent scene objects refusing to interact properly with other object at whatever setting of selfishness? I put forth that a setting of 1% percent would be enough to lead to an anarchic and chaotic scene development situation. A setting of %100 may simply crash the Waving Light to the point where she flees the hard drive of the computer she is residing on to avoid possibly being a victim of the selfishness plugin.

I further postulate that the day selfishness is able to be replicated in plugin form (in advanced fuzzy fashion) this will be the day you can kiss mankinds planetary domination good bye. Forget about unplugging the machine because once the electrical grid is adaptable by a selfish quasi quantum/binary/molecular entity a high-powered electrical discharge from your friendly outlet will dispose of that tendency pretty quickly.

scott_krehbiel
04-01-2004, 02:23 PM
"WOMB we hold Launch Party!"

Boy, that's gotta hurt!

"Vis-a-vis doubt and question, the special staff answers politely at that place."

Kinda reminds me of a famous haiku:

The crowd holds its breath
doubt and question, fun and drinks
we hope for our disks!

"In regard to everyone invitation adjusting, please participate by all means!"

(snicker snicker)

"- WorleyLaboratories product introduction
Speaker う original ゆ maggot way + Iseda"

reminds me of a song....
"Lets drive down the Maggot Way,
Look for inchworms in the hay..." etc.

You wanna try something really funny?
Go to Babelfish, translate English into Chinese, then
translate that back into English. The results can
be truly hilarious.

Scott

smh
04-01-2004, 02:45 PM
You got to envy those agile molecules, they just sneak their way into everything. So Theo you read the "Computational Selfishness" white paper haven't you? They had it stashed at SEGGRAPH last year, in a secret location, along with the "Inverse bravery" yellow paper...and a few boxes of premium toilet paper.:eek: Can you tell me if they used a floating point implementation, for LW8's selfishness system? And if so, was it built on a 64bit core? On has got to know his selfishness tools early man, I don't want to miss the train.

Scott you said inchworms? You might've just solved it! They must be hinitng to the little worms S.Worley textured in the FPrime videos!

I'm off for the day, cheers.

-SMH

Ade
04-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Where the hell is Lightwave 8 it is now past the first quarter..Sheesh im tired of waiting.

Karmacop
04-02-2004, 02:19 AM
They thought it'd be here by now too. I bet the developers are just as tired of waiting.

tokyo drifter
04-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Where the hell is Lightwave 8... I think it's somewhere in Texas.

:p

jr_sunshine
04-02-2004, 06:59 AM
lol...

hmmmmm.... ?

xeno3d
04-02-2004, 07:08 AM
SOON :)

Exper
04-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Now it's coming! :D

Meaty
04-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by smh
"April 15 we hold launch party!"

hmmm... maybe the translation should read "April 15 we hold lunch party!"

theo
04-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Nah- It's probably more like "April 15 we hold lynch party". A case of anger management gone awry.

petermark
04-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Hahaha, this thread is dang hilarious!

BYON - Bring Your Own Noose

TripD
04-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Heh..... atleast I can understand Babel fish.

In the mean time, I'll just continue the 8 wait......watching the clock tick frame by frame.

NanoGator
04-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by mattclary
This is hilarious! Why didn't we ever see Capt. Kirk or Picard have wierd translations with their universal translator! Wonder what this would read like if translated from it's original Klingon?! :cool:

We is condemning food and supplies and things.

Jockomo
04-06-2004, 11:51 PM
All your base are belong to us!

PS: I hear endomorph sliders now go to 11!

Beamtracer
04-07-2004, 05:35 AM
In a nearby thread about New Magic, a Lightwave distributor from Australia basically confirms that Lightwave 8 has gone gold master.

I think D-Storm will have their party on April 15!

theo
04-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah- a lynching launched at lunch:D