PDA

View Full Version : Character: Pow-Pow

daveythegravy73
03-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post in a forum Gallery for finished work................EVER!, hehe

Also my first fully rigged character, apart from a little Snail :D

I have learn't alot from this character, and shall have improvements for my next character, Trick or Treat Pete, which is in the Pipe Line.

http://www.btinternet.com/~daveythegravy/images/Rock_Hard_Fairies/PowPow_07.jpg

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

P.S. I must point out that this model is not my own design, but is a model I made from a figureine that I bought from a Stall.

sKb875
03-31-2004, 12:26 PM
WOW! I'm glad you finished it! Looks amazing! :D Awesome work. I also love that background. Keep up the good work, I would also like to see some more renders with this character. Keep up the GREAT work.

daveythegravy73
03-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanx buddy.

I have planns to make a small animation of her flying and also a QTVR.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

starbase1
04-01-2004, 04:40 AM
Very Nice - only minor criticism, the eyes look a bit 'painted on'.

Nick

TheDAve
04-01-2004, 04:53 AM
Nice!

I've been watching this is WIP.

Very Nice Job!

Zafar Iqbal
04-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Totally sweet :)

Im with starbase1 - her eyes dont fint with the rest - go for 3D eyes and try aiming for that natural eye depth look.

pilkiwilky
04-01-2004, 08:53 AM
I couldn't disagree more - I think the eyes are the best part of your model - yes, they look different and unrealistic, but that's what gives this that touch of magic in my opinion! Often times in creating a masterpiece you have to deviate from the norm to get people to really look.

Ignore this post if you were going for photo realism, but of course that's not what you were going for.

My 2 cents

Great job!

Wade
04-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Very nice. The one thing that I might change however would be the hair color as the hot pink is unlike anything else in the image. Maybe some purple or red hits on an incidence angle would help. Just me.

Zafar Iqbal
04-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by pilkiwilky
I couldn't disagree more - I think the eyes are the best part of your model - yes, they look different and unrealistic, but that's what gives this that touch of magic in my opinion! Often times in creating a masterpiece you have to deviate from the norm to get people to really look.

Ignore this post if you were going for photo realism, but of course that's not what you were going for.

My 2 cents

Great job!

It's not that aiming for a unrealistic look is a bad thing. I like the looks very much. But.. the look of the eyes doesn't fit the rest.

Other than that... i agree with you on the deviation part :D

veljko
04-01-2004, 01:01 PM
looks cool!
keep it up, and hope to see more in the future!
:)

DM67
04-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Cool work daveythegravy73,
while we wait for the small animation, you can post other poses of the character?:rolleyes: :D

daveythegravy73
04-02-2004, 02:52 AM
Hi Guys, thanx for the cool responce.

Thanx for the crite everyone, but realy, this is the LW - Gallery - Finished.

DM67: Thanx. Sorry, no more poses on this one, was realy just a kinda experiment to see if I could model someone elses design, and come up with Cartoon style eyes. Well, maybe if I have enough time, I'll try another pose, hehe.

veljko: Thanx for the encouragement. I have another character in the Pipe line called Trick or Treat Pete.

Zafar Iqbal: Thanx, again, just more experimentation.

Wade: Thanx, The whole character could probably benefit from some kind of shading, but was just going for a basic clay kinda look, coz the ref is a figureine that I bought from a stall, although not realy going for photorealism. Not realy my bag.

pilkiwilky: Thanx, spot on. I never go for photorealism, more like hyperrealism. I wanted to make the eyes the focal point, and I am happy to say by the responce here, I have succeeded. Thanx again.

Zafar Iqbal & starbase1: Thanx, the eyes are 3D, but with an image map on the inner sphere. The eyes for the figureine that this model is based upon has painted on eyes, so that is where I'm comming from. Thanx for noticing.

Thanx again guys, I learn't alot from this model and intend to use that knowledge to improve in the future.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

Capel
04-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Dude, this is definately your best character so far, in my opinion. You're really improving. it's cool to see. would love some more poses, though.

daveythegravy73
04-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Hi Capel,

Thanx man, I realy apreciate your encouragement.

I'll wack out some more poses tomorrow, I just need to finish my latest character, Little Angel, should be posting her on the W.I.P. forum L8r today.

Thanx again.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy