PDA

View Full Version : What have u done with realviz yet?

Ade
03-31-2004, 02:37 AM
Im curious to see what if how anyone has done with their Realviz stitcher and etc packages..Im abit cobnfused over what does wat?

Tony3d
03-31-2004, 08:22 AM
I opened the box! Does that count?

wapangy
03-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Stitchers great for panorama and quicktime VR. Its also great for lightwave because you can make full "3d" images for use as reflection maps and stuff....

Image modeler can make 3d scene which you can rotate and everything, out of 2d pictures, its cool technology.

Not sure about sceneweaver.

Ade
03-31-2004, 08:59 PM
panoramic HDR's that sounds good, I think this weekend ZI will look at it..It seems useful and would love to see what ppl do with it so i can see its limitations and advantages.

wapangy
03-31-2004, 09:46 PM
I don't think it supports HDR, but it is very useful.

toby
03-31-2004, 10:24 PM
I remember trying Stitcher, it was a pain, it's hard to take pictures good enough for the software to cooperate with you, must take a lot of practice - as for VR's, I have yet to hear about a 3d package that can import and use them - LW doesn't

I used Image modeler to track the camera position in all the still photos I used in my demo reel - very handy, but finicky (or I'm just picky)

wapangy
03-31-2004, 10:48 PM
I've have not tried stitcher with indoor pictures but with out side it worked well, the only thing is that the sun has to be sort of over head because if its in the view then you camera is going to get really bight shots on one side and dark on the other. Maybe a good photographer could mess with that more than me. Stitcher equalized the images, but it can't work miracles if you put a bright and dark image right next to each other.
LightWave can't import quicktime VR, but stitcher will save the thing as planar, spherical, cubical..., so you can use it.

toby
03-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by wapangy
stitcher will save the thing as planar, spherical, cubical..., so you can use it.

uhh... oh yeah

riki
04-01-2004, 02:48 AM
I'm thinking that [email protected] might be good if your trying to match 3d geometry to a background matte. Maybe cityscapes where you want to composite the two.

ingo
04-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by wapangy
I've have not tried stitcher with indoor pictures but with out side it worked well, the only thing is that the sun has to be sort of over head because if its in the view then you camera is going to get really bight shots on one side and dark on the other. ...

Just use your camera in manual mode, and don't use autofocus too of course.