PDA

View Full Version : French Lightwave Community

jb_gfx
03-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Why there is a part of the LightWave forum dedicated to the spanish community and nothing for french peoples? I think there is a lot of french graphists who uses LightWave and so a forum to talk 'in french in ze text' would be really cool.

Are maybe the admins here are afraids the rest of the forums will be deserted ;)

Hiraghm
03-17-2003, 06:53 PM
There are lots of other users who speak other languages too. Newtek is just trying to accomodate the most common languages among its customer base (I think). Plus I think they just started a push in Mexico, and a lot of people there speak Spanish.

This is just speculation on my part.

Rory_L
03-17-2003, 07:36 PM
This would be so logical: Lightwave is or was one of the most popular 3D softs in Japan. I know there are Japanese LW users who have registered here, but don`t post because their English isn`t too strong. They`re a very talented user group and we should encourage them to get involved.

R

Hiraghm
03-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Yeah, that would be A Good Thing, provided there were people who spoke both languages and participated in both English and Japanese fora. Otherwise, their knowledge wouldn't do the rest of us much good :D

Rory_L
03-18-2003, 03:28 AM
Konnichiha!

Chuck
03-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Actually the notion was just that we do have folks in the US office who speak (what we here in the former colonies think of as) English and folks who speak Spanish. We also have one staffer who speaks Australian and we've been considering adding a forum in that language, mate. :)

Email communities exist for a number of other languages, and some of our distributor partners may be setting up forums on the future.