PDA

View Full Version : The quiet before the storm???

kml12
03-30-2004, 10:42 AM
The forum has been very quiet lately...

Any new info Proton or Chuck?

WizCraker
03-30-2004, 11:23 AM
They are probably waiting for NAB to come around before doing anything.

lasvideo
03-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Proton is in Mexico City at a trade show.

Jockomo
03-30-2004, 11:37 AM
I sure hope they have some big suprises in store for us.

I would be dissapointed to think it took them 3 months longer to wrap up lightwave and didn't know they were that far away on Dec 15th.

Either they decided to put something in that was going to be saved until 8.5 or they had some serious bug issues. Sure would be nice to know what is going on. Their lack of communication seems to indicate new features IMO.

WizCraker
03-30-2004, 11:40 AM
If it is new features they need to learn to lock the code and fix the bugs then release before adding features.

hrgiger
03-30-2004, 11:46 AM
I think this thread should have been called the storm before the quiet.

Once 8 is out, everyone is going to be using it instead of spending time here....

mattclary
03-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Jockomo
I sure hope they have some big suprises in store for us.

I would be dissapointed to think it took them 3 months longer to wrap up lightwave and didn't know they were that far away on Dec 15th.

Either they decided to put something in that was going to be saved until 8.5 or they had some serious bug issues. Sure would be nice to know what is going on. Their lack of communication seems to indicate new features IMO.

I think they decided to wait for some fixes for the Mac guys. Something they had to wait on Apple for.

WizCraker
03-30-2004, 11:55 AM
But someone will quickly try to find a flaw in it and come back here to complain. And once again we will have gone full circle.

lonestar1
03-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Jockomo
Either they decided to put something in that was going to be saved until 8.5 or they had some serious bug issues.

Any large software package has serious bugs that need to be squashed. The last few bugs are always the nastiest and take the longest to fix.

Sure would be nice to know what is going on. Their lack of communication seems to indicate new features IMO.

I think they've just decided that anything they say can and will be used against them.

jamesl
03-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by lonestar1

I think they've just decided that anything they say can and will be used against them.

VERY good point!

j

hairy_llama
03-30-2004, 12:53 PM
"I think they've just decided that anything they say can and will be used against them. "

I think you are right about that.

themaxx
03-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by lonestar1

and this way everyone's really happy and thinks it's great?

cresshead
04-01-2004, 04:37 AM
is it just me or does you also think that siggraph would be the natural relase date for lightwave 8 as it would give the biggest imapact press wise ofr lightwave 8?

nab is more about tv shows and hardware than 3d apps and special fx.

..as time passes by [nice song btw] siggraph looks more and more as a possiblility.

steve g

mkiii
04-01-2004, 05:05 AM
Yeah. Let's make it a round year.

DeltaF86
04-01-2004, 05:30 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please, this is what you guys said about NAB, and now thats coming up, you say siggraph! THey told us the we would get a little heads up in the form of an email and thats what we got!

*PRAYS VIOLENTLY*

Yog
04-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by cresshead
is it just me or does you also think that siggraph would be the natural relase date for lightwave 8 as it would give the biggest imapact press wise ofr lightwave 8?

..as time passes by [nice song btw] siggraph looks more and more as a possiblility.

steve g

Yep, I think if Newtek released LW8 at this years Siggraph it would have a bigger impact press wise ...... just not the sort of press Newtek would want though :p

"Read all about it, Read all about it, Newtek employees lynched at this years Siggraph by impatent mob !!!"

Onlookers report hearing the mob chant slogans like, "I'll give you hard body impact collissions you little ....", "I'll re-orientate your bones for you alright !", and "Viva la Modeler !!" :D

Librarian
04-01-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Yog
"Read all about it, Read all about it, Newtek employees lynched at this years Siggraph by impatent mob !!!"

Onlookers report hearing the mob chant slogans like, "I'll give you hard body impact collissions you little ....", "I'll re-orientate your bones for you alright !", and "Viva la Modeler !!" :D [/B]
:D

mkiii
04-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by DeltaF86
*PRAYS VIOLENTLY*

I can just imagine violent praying :)

DeltaF86
04-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Now that I tihnk about it it is pretty funny:D
lmao