PDA

View Full Version : pictures in the side bar?

natcoll
03-29-2004, 09:31 PM
hi all
I see alot of you have pictures in the sidebar under your name etc.
How do I do that? I've had a look around the edit profile area but not sure what I'm looking for.

also, Where I'm described as a 'newbie'. Is that something I can change or is it related to how many threads you generate and reply to?

:confused: :D

sheidi
03-30-2004, 02:25 AM
They are called avatars. You can change it in your User CP -> edit options -> change avatar. And yes, your "rank" depens on your total posts.

art
03-30-2004, 07:13 AM
I'm still not sure whether the "member status" text is editable only after a certain number of posts or not...
Try this:

User CP -> Edit Profile -> Custom User Text

The option is right under the signature input box. This is where you enter the text you wish to see under your name. If you do not see it there, then perhaps others are right and it is available only after a certain number of posts.

P.S.
wow, this happened to be my 100th post! Still nowhere near hrgiger! :)

natcoll
03-30-2004, 01:45 PM
thanks for that.
I'll give that a try

BTW hrgiger has something like 2000 posts. I have to ask the question. Does he get any sleep?:D

natcoll
03-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Me again

I couldn't find 'Custom User Text'.
Nothing in Edit Profile. Is it somewhere else?:confused:

ted
03-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Go to "User CP" for your user control panel at the top of the page here.
Then go to "Edit Profile".
Then add the text to "Custom User Text".
Now you can add anything to your "Member". Hey, didn't I get an e-mail about that!:eek:

art
03-31-2004, 08:08 AM
This is how I see my screen. If you do not have "custom user text" then it must be limited by the number of posts. I never realized that. I changed my text at around 50th, but maybe the option was available long before.

natcoll
03-31-2004, 03:19 PM
yes I think you must be right.
That panel does not show on my options.
Is it a PC thing? I am using a Mac

art
04-01-2004, 06:52 AM
I certainly does not have anything to do with computer's brand. It is just an input field on a web form. They apparently limit it to people with certain number of posts (no one seem to know the exact number, maybe 50?). Just keep posting and check the properties once in a while to see whether you get the option.

bluehand
04-01-2004, 09:03 AM
hey, cool, thx for the tip on changing my avatar,
no new custom text for me either, sigh....i'll just brew some coffee this wknd and stay up posting for 48hrs straight, but @ least I can change my text...

natcoll
04-01-2004, 01:28 PM
hey now.

There's an idea. Hate to think what I'll be like Monday morning though.:D