PDA

View Full Version : importing images

rgouker
03-29-2004, 04:09 PM
I am a newbe, wow I am learning this program so I can teach it to high school students. I am trying to import a school logo saved in photo shop 7. I saved it as a eps file. When finish with the epsf loader and press ok, the program quits.

IF I want to bring in other formats what process must I follow? Import? Load object?
THANKS

Beamtracer
03-29-2004, 05:33 PM
I've never used the Photoshop EPS export function from Photoshop.

Normally I use Adobe Illustrator to create a Version 8 EPS file.

rgouker, I'm not sure exactly what is wrong with your EPS file. It could be:

•because the version of Photoshop is too new for LW.

•maybe Photoshop EPS files are different to Illustrator EPS files

•Lightwave's EPS loader only uses vector information (lines and curves). See if you can eliminate any bitmap (standard images made of dots) information.

So, if it's vector information, the EPS loader is the way to go (In Lightwave Modeler). If it's bitmap information, you can import the image via Lightwave's Image Editor (in Layout), then apply it as a surface to a single square polygon.

What format was the original school logo? Was it a Photoshop image?

TSpyrison
03-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Photoshop eps files are different from illustrator eps files..

A photoshop EPS files, is still a bitmap image. An Illustrator file is a vector based format...

Lightwave is wants the vector based version..

What you might want to do, is trace the logo in illustrator.. if its not that complicated. I think Illustrator has a trace function.

mlinde
03-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by rgouker
I am a newbe, wow I am learning this program so I can teach it to high school students. I am trying to import a school logo saved in photo shop 7. I saved it as a eps file. When finish with the epsf loader and press ok, the program quits. You need to be utilizing the curves or pen tool in PS then export the curves to illustrator, then save that as EPS if you want to take an EPS into LW. LW reads the vector based curves, not an EPS bitmap. Make sense?

rgouker
03-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Thanks for your Help!!!!!!!!!!
There is a lot to learn. I will share this information with my student.
I learn from them every day. Will let you know it works out!!!!!
Thanks again
You all are the best!!!!!!!