PDA

View Full Version : Toaster CG

creach
02-10-2003, 08:32 PM
...is okay.

But, it would be considerably less clunky if you didn't have to *separately* save each page of titles you created.
Inscriber CG will save all pages in a project at one time.

Dan

...but Toaster kicks butt! 8)

SBowie
02-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by creach Inscriber CG will save all pages in a project at one time.[/B]

As does ToasterCG, actually ...

creach
02-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by SBowie
As does ToasterCG, actually ...

It does!!???

I am a total newbie, Steve. Are you telling me that Toaster CG will save all 25 or 50 cg pages I build *with alpha* by just saving the project?

How?

Dan

ScorpioProd
02-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Steve's sleeping right now, but I'll tell you how:

Just select "Save Project" from the File menu and it will save TWO things:

1) A .cg file of your full project.
2) A folder under the same name that has a .PNG with alpha of ALL your pages.

The only negative is that it doesn't follow the naming convention preferences, so you get File1.png, File2.png, etc. This an be a pain when dealing with a lot of pages versus File001.png, etc.

SBowie
02-11-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by ScorpioProd
Steve's sleeping right now...

Boy, gotta get up pretty early to beat you, Eugene! :)

creach
02-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ScorpioProd
Just select "Save Project" from the File menu and it will save TWO things:

1) A .cg file of your full project.
2) A folder under the same name that has a .PNG with alpha of ALL your pages.

Well, I don't mean to be contrary, but when I select "save project," it makes a folder, and a file with my project name using the ".cg" extension. And that's it. Saving along the way makes no difference.

I have had to rebuild my project three times this morning, because I thought I *must* be doing something wrong...

Dan

SBowie
02-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by creach
Saving along the way makes no difference.
Dan

What version are you running, Dan? There have been a couple where the CG didn't save the individual pages, but the last few builds have worked this way again.

creach
02-11-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by SBowie
What version are you running, Dan?

3890, Steve. Life on the bleeding edge! :D

Dan

And, there is always the possibility that I'm not quite holding my mouth right. <grin>

SBowie
02-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by creach
3890, Steve. Life on the bleeding edge! :D

And you're quite positive that the folder referred to above is empty?

I'm wondering if you may be confusing the fact that it appears to be empty when you use a Toaster file bin that has ".cg" as the default file type field (as some do), or something like that. Be certain you are actually viewing all files

creach
02-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Being a DOS guy from 'way back, I personally dislike the "smart" filemanager of windoze...the one that only shows you the folder contents with only the selected extension. I *always* view with *.* when I can't see what I'm looking for.

There was nothing there this morning, bu I'll try another...

Dan

creach
02-11-2003, 04:15 PM
...I can't admit I messed up. 'Cause I can't.

Somehow, ToasterCG is now saving .pngs as I create them, if I hit "save project."

I bow to your greater "CGness,' and declare myself not worthy.

Humbly,
Dan

steveg
02-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Does everyone remember that the cg does not save correctly when you hit return to save, You must click the save button with your mouse to save the updated titles. I believe this is a bug that NewTek forgot to squish. It has been there a long time. This may be why some people can't get titles to save.;)

Michael Englyst
02-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Well, if you're just updating a CG project, double-clicking it is enough. It will then save the new pages and the .cg project file.