PDA

View Full Version : newbie - screamernet

seanburg
03-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi

I got screamernet to work (thx to Matt Gorner's pdf) I would like to know how do I get all the loose images into a movie.. might be a real "newbie" question, but I will apreciate any advise.

pixelinfected
03-29-2004, 01:30 PM
screamernet can render only image sequence, then you need an additional software to build a movie, you can find a lot of free software to do that.

digimassa
03-29-2004, 01:33 PM
:D
or you load sequence into background and render avi or mov or whatever^^

seanburg
03-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Thx
any links or names of free apps, since I don't know what to search for...

GruvSyco
03-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I think once the animation package becomes available for gimp again, that would probably work well for ya.

Matt
03-30-2004, 03:07 AM
Thanks! :)

Digimassa is correct, if you haven't any third party software or can't find any good free ones, just use LightWave!

Start with a blank scene . . .

1) Load one of the rendered frames into the 'Image Editor'

2) Set the 'Image Type' from 'Still' to 'Sequence' (LightWave should then find all the other frames from disk without you having to load them all in - thanks to LightWolf for telling me that! :) )

3) In the 'Effects' panel, under the 'Compositing' tab, set the 'Background Image' to the image sequence

4) Backdrop images in LightWave are stretched to fit the camera size used, so to make sure the final animation is the same size as the frames you rendered, set the camera size to the pixel dimensions of the frames

5) Set the frame start / end to the number of images you rendered in 'Render Options'

6) Finally set the 'Save Animation' to the type you require in the 'Output Files' tab under 'Render Options'

Don't worry about any lights affecting the backdrop images, they won't, the camera position / angle won't effect them either, only objects in the way or image filters will affect the look.

That's it! How to use LightWave as an animation builder!

Hope that helps!

Cheers
Matt

Matt
03-30-2004, 03:15 AM
It's also how you can use LightWave to convert file formats! :)

sheidi
03-30-2004, 03:35 AM
If I'm not totally wrong, virtual dub is one free software you could try.

seanburg
03-30-2004, 03:48 AM
thanx guys..

I will try the advise and come back to you ;-)

Cageman
03-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Hi seanburg!

Avid has a free version of their video-editing software. Go here! (http://www.avid.com/freedv/)

Alex Attwater
04-01-2004, 09:44 PM
couldn't vt be considered editing software, yes e no? does anyone know or have possibly tried to use the two programs together in order to....

edit nicely rendered scenes per frame.....export to file
load file as subgroup in vt........and then compile
thus giving you the high renders in lightwave
and being able to then align these frames in vt?

Qexit
04-02-2004, 04:27 PM
couldn't vt be considered editing software, yes e no? does anyone know or have possibly tried to use the two programs together in order to....

VT3 is a combination of hardware and software. It ships with a full LW7.5c license as part of its software suite. So yes, they do work together pretty well. VTEdit can be used to edit your LW animations. However, buying a VT3 just to edit your LW output is a bit of overkill when you can do most of this with a freebie such as virtualdub. You also need quick a beefy machine to run a VT3 effectively...and of course it only available for the PC so of little interest if you happen to be a Mac user :D