PDA

View Full Version : Super Newbee needs animation starter help

schworak
03-29-2004, 09:21 AM
I feel so lame. I have done still work in several packages and animation in Imagine when I had my Amiga years ago. I just got Lightwave and the still images are coming out great!

I thought I would try some simple animation and now I want to throw my computer out the window.

I am sure it is just something I have missed in the manual but I can't figure out where to look or what to do so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

Imagine this scene. I have a box and 30 frames. Frame 0-5 are all the same because I key framed 5 without moving the block. I then went to frame 25 and moved the box and keyframed again. I also keyframed 30 just to be save. The thought was this would give me a pause, motion, pause. I didn't want the block to slide in a straight line so I went back to a few other frames (10, 15, 20) and moved the box and keyframed.

Should work: pause, slide zig/zag, pause but it doesn't!!!!!!

There is movement in frames 1-4 that where the box backs up then goes forward and frames 5-25 work as expected but then frames 26-29 the box overshoots my target and comes back.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks. The computer you save may be mine.

HailStorm
03-29-2004, 09:44 AM
omg might be first time I've helped someone *gets excited*

try selecting the box then pushing ctrl+f2 to opent he graph editor and in the box's X,Y,Z coordinates try selecting the keys n making the Incoming Curve at bottom right Linear i think it is?
or u might be able to delete the key at frame 0 in it and it might do it too

cornbreadandham
03-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Hello, I think you need to adjust the curves in the graph editor. Open it up and select all the keys on frame 5 and set the tension to 1, or right click on the frames and select ease in/out. hope this helps

schworak
03-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Sorry to be a pain, but when I right click on the key frame (I tried the line on the time bar and the + on the scene) nothing happens. How do I get to the graph editor?

schworak
03-29-2004, 09:56 AM
I see what you are talking about! Duh!

That did the trick! Thanks!

HailStorm
03-29-2004, 10:00 AM
ctrl+f2 or theres a Graph Editor button near top left in layout where scene editor and stuff is