PDA

View Full Version : Lightwaver 'Switch' Stories.

dark_lotus
03-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Whether it was Janie Porche saving Christmas, or Ellen Feiss devoured paper, how many of you switched from PC to Mac?

Share your insights, your experiences, your passion!

As for me, I picked up my shiny G4 Tower about 3 weeks ago along with a 10GB iPod. I had been using PC's my entire life and the Duo Dongle was the key factor in being able to switch.

I'm currently saving up for a Cinema Display.

Well whats your story?

PixelDust
03-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I switched last November when the 1 GHz TiBook came out. I'd been considering getting a laptop for a while. Since I already had a PC, I thought, "Why not use the opportunity to try a Mac?"

OS X was another reason, because I didn't like the memory management and single-tasking in OS 9 and before.

Also, curiosity was a factor. I wondered how things were on the other side of the fence. Turns out they're pretty good! :D I've only had one kernel panic when my modem got stuck, but otherwise, no mechanical problems.

I really like the Mac now - I still have my PC, but I haven't used it in a couple of months. Now, I just wish there were more plug-ins for Mac, especially DarkTree Textures and the missing OS X LW plugs.

Ade
03-18-2003, 06:49 AM
pc's have the advantage of being cheap and fast right now, but adobe appz never ever work properly, windows is a poor multitasker when the network is involved...
My new Dp1.25 is brilliant. Dual is the way to go, an operative system the works so intergrated to the hardware is soo efficient and enjoyable to use, seems soo colourful, from the colourless box I used to use and still use at work, dual xenon 2.2 compaq.. bleerrrh.

AnaQuista
03-21-2003, 06:04 AM
I switched last october. Not everything has gone as smoothly as I expected. My PC run win 2000 and was rock solid. However because it was my main machine and its main setup was as a videoediting console I was never comfortable loading up lots of progs including LW. The Duo dongle gave me the opprtunity to switch.

Although there have been a few probs it is now a pleasure 'playing' on my mac. It certainly doesnt feel like work.