PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated by defaulting in Layout

robar3d
03-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Hey

Everytime I try to set up a camera and a light in various positions the way I wanted before test-rendering a scene (not animating, just still image), both camera and light objects suddenly reverse back to the original default positions upon rendering. It's pissing me off! :mad:

Any advice how to stop this defaulting object/camera/light objects whenever I move those things in positions I wanted before rendering with a still-image or animation?

Thanks,
Rob

bloontz
03-28-2004, 09:33 PM
You need to set a keyframe most likely.

BrianW
03-29-2004, 05:23 AM
Yep! It sounds like you are not keyframing your movements. You either need to keyframe each and every move you make or just turn on Auto KeyFrame, and it should take care of it!
BrianW.

brayne
03-29-2004, 06:23 AM
This might just be me, but I've found that auto keyframing doesn't seem to work under Panther. Still, it's pretty easy to do manually, so it doesn't bother me.

Ge4-ce
03-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by brayne
This might just be me, but I've found that auto keyframing doesn't seem to work under Panther. Still, it's pretty easy to do manually, so it doesn't bother me.

Does work for me in Panther.. No problems here..

robar3d
03-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Hm...I thought keyframing is for animation, not for still image. I guess it's different with ver. 7.5, far cry from version 5.6 (in which keyframing isn't necessary for placing object/camera/light in positions for test-rendering still image).

Thanks, all... I'll give a try and see what happens.

Rob