PDA

View Full Version : ferrari360spider-shaol

shaol
03-28-2004, 08:32 PM
OK I'm finaly done even tho I'm only 90% happy with it. I wont to thank everyone for helping and now I'm going to finish My Cell character:D

shaol
03-28-2004, 08:33 PM
back

shaol
03-28-2004, 08:34 PM
side

shaol
03-28-2004, 08:35 PM
last

veljko
03-28-2004, 11:48 PM
the car is nice- the background is UUUGLLY-

i would make a new background in other words:)

Capel
03-29-2004, 12:21 AM
yeah, ditch the bg. it's horrible. man, up the subdivision level on the car and it might help some. it looks ok modeling wise, but the textures, especially on the interior stuff, need lots of work. and getting as close as you did to the model on that last image will make ANYTHING look bad. The front headlight area needs alot of work modeling wise. But good work otherwise!:D

Apotherix
03-29-2004, 12:45 PM
The modeling is okay, but yeah the background is ugly. Try a cloosed room with lots of flourecent lighting. The textures could use some work, (okay lots) and the front headlights could use lots of work.

Just a question: is modeling a 360 modena hard compared to other car models? What are some of the challenges that you've run into? I'm just thinking about doing that one next.

shaol
03-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Doing the shell of the car took no time at all it was the inside because of all the detail and the fact this is my second car model. but you should talk to lewis who did the s2000 honda his model is much cleaner and smoother then mine. I used alot of boolean to creat my detail. I don't think that was the right way to do it.thats why I got alot of poly errors. when doing any model the simpler the better.

KissMyGrits
03-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Sure is shiny though.

Lewis
03-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi shaol !

Car is pretty much fine in proportions and overall look BUT (ther eis always but ;)) it looks like you've FREEZED SubDs (SubPatches) and then used booleans. Thats reason why it looks low poly and have smoothing errors. IF you wan't to modle HI-poly car you need to do it ALL in SUbDs and then freeze (or better not freeze at all. I model all parts in SubDs and boolean is "enemy" of SubDs so best thing is to not use that tool in this case :).

shaol
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
I thought that was my problem I just need more work with subd. It's hard to control the arcs, but the engine is all subd so I'm learning:D What about global illumnation do you use that or just light. this is another area I need work in. these pic are lighted with global ill. took 10 hr to render a 2400X1800 on my mac. Thanks so much for looking at this for me I can't wait to see the next car!

P.s How long does it take you to build your models?

Lewis
03-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by shaol
I thought that was my problem I just need more work with subd. It's hard to control the arcs, but the engine is all subd so I'm learning:D What about global illumnation do you use that or just light. this is another area I need work in. these pic are lighted with global ill. took 10 hr to render a 2400X1800 on my mac. Thanks so much for looking at this for me I can't wait to see the next car!

P.s How long does it take you to build your models?

Yes you definately need how to learn to control SubDs, when you learn you will be very happy with modleing and especially renderings ;). I use all types of lighting, i'v modeled lot of cars (27 so far) so i also used lot of different light scenes. But usualy for still shots i use radiosity + HDRI.

I need 15-35 hours for one car. It all depends on detials and type (is ot exterior only or interior also and many other parameters..)

My Subaru Legacy 2004 is modeled in 30 hours but details are pretty heavy :).