PDA

View Full Version : Secondary 3D Space

Panikos
03-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Lets consider the image maps as two dimensional areas, where these data are mapped onto 3D geometry.

Lets consider LW's Enviroment plugins are three dimensional areas where plugins generate 3-dimensional data like Procedural Textures, Fog, Mist, Clouds, Skies etc

A Secondary 3D Space buffer, can be used to add Volumetric Textures "in" 3D-geometry and not on their surface.

While Environment plugins allow access to global LW 3d-space,
a secondary 3d-buffer can be used to allow access to the local 3d-space of objects.

For instance, you can model a closed geometry, invisible to the camera (in the form of vertices and polys), and in there, you can add a 3d-procedural texture, on a per-object local space.

harhar
03-17-2003, 05:27 PM
doesn't seem useful.

Panikos
03-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Custom-shape Volumetrics not restricted by HVoxels that always generate 3d-volumes consisting of balls.

You will be a able to use Modeler to shape the volumetric, and fill it with a 3d-procedural texture.

Maybe the request was defined wrong.
Should be "3D Volumetric Textures" like OGO-Hikari slowly renders.

Glass Marbles ...
:cool:

Flat
03-21-2003, 12:40 AM
WaveFilter Volume used to do that.
But it was S L O W. :(

Anyway, I like the idea !

Phil

Panikos
03-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Yes, I used WF_Volume long time ago.

LW's ground fog with ray-marches works similarly.

I can cheat and generate similar effect, by enclosing the volumetrc in a Glass-box, trace transparency and have the volumetric invisible to the camera.
However it doesnt work with shadows.

Arte
03-21-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Panikos
Yes, I used WF_Volume long time ago.

LW's ground fog with ray-marches works similarly.

I can cheat and generate similar effect, by enclosing the volumetrc in a Glass-box, trace transparency and have the volumetric invisible to the camera.
However it doesnt work with shadows.

Ela Paniko.

Ogo Hikari handles volumetric textures, no luck with that?

X

Panikos
03-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Panikos

Should be "3D Volumetric Textures" like OGO-Hikari slowly renders.

Glass Marbles ...
:cool: