PDA

View Full Version : City of future

Maxts
03-17-2003, 02:02 PM
I want to hear your advices and ideas for visualization
some advises about textures and objects

to see more img in good quality (http://www.maxts.nm.ru/wip.htm) http://www.maxts.nm.ru/galpict/wip1.jpg

Schwing
03-17-2003, 02:21 PM
I think it's all in the eye of the beholder. I go to libraries and research cities and the environment they're in. Do you want it shiny and new, or beaten and weathered? What are you trying to sell to the viewer? Obseration and experimentation.;)

Maxts
03-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Schwing
I think it's all in the eye of the beholder. I go to libraries and research cities and the environment they're in. Do you want it shiny and new, or beaten and weathered? What are you trying to sell to the viewer? Obseration and experimentation.;)

I agree with you, I do many difference screenshots from this theme in final render

Murphy
03-17-2003, 03:00 PM
How did you do the sky?

Is it an Image? Skytracer? Texture Environment? or maybe even none of the above?

I would love to know (^_^;)

The city looks realy nice. can't wait to see the textured version.

Murphy ^_^

ray_tracer
03-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Maxts,

I love it so far - looks really nice. The only thing that leaps out at me is the apparent scale mismatch between the water and the rest of the scene. The scale of the waves makes the whole city look like a model that would fit neatly in my bathtub. :)

I would dial down the x- and z- scales of the water displacement to help the city look properly huge.

Having said that, though - the city looks magnifique! Can't wait to see it with textures.

Neal

Maxts
03-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Has detailed a little

Maxts
03-18-2003, 02:38 PM
small screenshots

Aramis
03-18-2003, 05:35 PM
I think the amount of detail is great, obviously this scene is going to requiring a lot of texturing and environment adjustment (lighting/haze etc), that'll be the kicker that will bring it to life.

I'd make the scale of the water smaller + make your distance fog/haze stronger to increase the scale of the picture, obviously some radiosity would'n't go astay, maybe some volumetric light in areas.

The sky is good but atm destracts from the city IMO.

banshee
03-19-2003, 05:35 AM
I think Schwing summed it up best. Obviously, you have a certain vision in your head that has gotten your model to this point. Continue on with what your original intentions were and then tweak and adjust accordingly, and to taste.
However... if there was a certain "feel" to the image (and I felt 2 of them), I would have to say a nice clean utopian society like the enhanced version of Cloud City from star wars. Thats how the bulk of the scene felt to me. The other is based upon what you see in the foreground which I believe are rooftops. This view gives it a more industrial, factory type of feel. You really could go both ways on it IMHO.

Check this site. The artist is Eric Chauvin. He is responsible for creating matte paintings for star wars, star trek, contact, Alias, etc... very inspirational. http://www.blackpoolstudios.com

Maxts
03-19-2003, 07:57 AM
To banshee
Very large thanks for this link
His work very impress!!!!!!

To Murphy sky i do with Lw_TextureEnvironment:rolleyes:

Epita
03-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Yeah sort of a two sided city, prehaps the river thing could separate the two different sectors or something. Great model though i would love to blow it to peices!

Epita