PDA

View Full Version : volumetric radius envelopes

Avstral
03-27-2004, 02:53 AM
Hello everyone.
I am a new member, so please, be gentle.

I am currently creating a scene with a lot of volumetric point lights. Their radii are controlled by envelopes to increase over the progression of the animation. It all works nicely and the desired effect has been reached, but the timing is way too slow.

I tried using the scene editor to scale the keys, but the only envelopes that appear there are those of lens flares (disolve)

Short of changing every keyframe in every envelope, is there a faster way to do this. If anyone has ran into a similar problem before, or has any knowledge of a tutorial for this or can offer help in any other way shape or form, it would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Axis3d
03-27-2004, 11:01 AM
You need to use the Graph Editor. This will show all the channels which have keyframes on them. In the Graph Editor, under each light, there will be something that says 'Volumetric Options'. Radius will show up under that.

Go to each light and drag its Radius channel and drop it in the Channel area above in the interface (see attached). After you do this for all your lights you can create a 'Favorite Set' of them so you don't have to select that bunch again every time you want to adjust the group. In the top left of the Graph Editor, there is a drop down to select 'Create Favorite Set'. You can then name your group.

Now, each time you go into the Graph Editor and need to select all those channels again, just go to that drop down and select the name that you gave them.

digimassa
03-27-2004, 02:02 PM
:cool:
by that way: how can I set zoom level for timeline displayed in scene editor?^^

Axis3d
03-27-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure what you mean.

Avstral
03-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks a lot.
I actualy came accross that option, but either didnt pay enough attention to it or was thinking about something else.
Ill give it a shot.:)