PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problems in 7.5 with Panther

dhatch01
03-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Since I updated to Panther, my mouse has be doing some strange things.

If I try to move and object or camera or anything in Layout, whatever I have selected jumps way off, or rotates big the minute I click.

Also, in Modeler, in the perspective view, if I chose to rotate the object, it immediately goes to a top down view (still in perspective mode) and I cannot rotate it out of that plane.

I am using a Dual 2G G5, and a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, and I never had any problems till Panther (version 10.33)

Thanks for the help!!

randysolo
03-26-2004, 01:21 PM
It seems I have the same setup as you dude. And I had the same problems too!!

1. I saw that LW had a readme file on your first problem. It's a bug! LW says to get around it, under General Options/Input Device, use Tablet instead of Mouse. (it works)

2. I think I understand your second problem. I experienced it too. You get locked in a spinning perspective view with no way out. Click and hold anywhere in the window while holding down the option key. You can turn yourself back around in any direction then.

hope this helps!

rpsolo

dhatch01
03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
That's great, friend! Thanks for the help! This was driving me nuts!

eblu
03-26-2004, 02:14 PM
btw: that doesn't fix all of the problems with the mouse.

in modeller, I've noticed that the first click n drag after a tool change is *ahem* noticeably sensitive.
Its like a mouse freak out, so I have gotten into the habit of clicking once and THEN clicking and dragging.

I'm guessing doing this will fix your perspective Gimbal lock problem.