PDA

View Full Version : Shipping info, Mr. Chuck

newagetitan
03-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Do I need to be nervous that I have not received an email concerning shipping info or do I need to be patient?

bloontz
03-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Same question here. Don't so much care about not getting the last couple of emails but I surely don't wanna be missing the BIG one.

TSpyrison
03-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Ill add a "Me too" to this thread..

Paranoia i suppose..

lede
03-26-2004, 11:42 AM
It's interesting that I got all the other E-Mails from Newtek except this one. I also order directly from NT so it is a little concerning that I haven't gotten an E-Mail yet about confirmation of my address or what ever. Hope some one at NT can shed some light on what is going on. (pun not intended.)

-Lede

mkiii
03-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Naff all my end since the belated UVEdit email.

T-Light
03-26-2004, 11:54 AM
NewTek Discussions Mailer
""
""
""
""

etc,etc,etc

B*mmer :(

jr_sunshine
03-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Same here. I have gotten all the other e-mails except the one about verifying my shipping address.

Chuck or someone... can you address this. Are we just way down on the the list?

Chazz
03-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Ditto here too...

tjacobs
03-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Same here.

Macet01
03-26-2004, 12:43 PM
I too have not been getting the LW 8 announcement e-mails. Soooo.....last night I called Newtek to find out what was up. Rich, at least I think his name was Rich, told me that they are aware that not everyone has been getting the e-mails. He checked all my information and then put me on the list to have the e-mail sent out manually and to check the system as to why I have not been getting them.

I would suggest that if you all are not getting the e-mails that you call Newtek and get your name on this manual list. Hopefully, this will help in getting everything straightened out.

Steve McRae
03-26-2004, 12:44 PM
me too :)

tokyo drifter
03-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Me too.

A Mejias
03-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Well, I got mine. But what makes me nervous is that they had my address wrong!

MiniFireDragon
03-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, do any of you run spam eliminating programs?? I am using SAProxy (the one BEFORE you had to buy it) and it recognizes Newtek as a spammer and tosses it in the spam bin. I went in there just to see if perhaps my missing message from newtek was in there, and it sure was. 2 of them from newtek, the one about the slight delay and the other one about the correct address.

So check the spam can!

Xacto
03-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Did not get an email...
... and I do not have ANY spam mail.

:p

jeremyhardin
03-26-2004, 02:12 PM
none yet here either.

Moser95814
03-26-2004, 02:13 PM
I got the email 2 days ago. It was sent to my address that I used for registration, not the one I used for odering it. So I'd advise anyone who hasn't recieved any of the emails to contact them with your correct email and verify they have your current address. I could help stop alot of delayed shipping.

Jockomo
03-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Yep, add me to the list.

I think this is what people are talking about when they say we would like more communication.

Couldn't someone at NewTek just make a post in the forums for the rabid users here before sending an email out ? That would make alot of people more satisfied.

Aquaman
03-26-2004, 02:39 PM
I too have received all of Newteks e-mails including the one for UV Edit Pro and the one sent out on 03/22/04, but have not received anything on this latest e-mail.

TSpyrison
03-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Well, I dont know if Newtek will be sending out these e-mails over the weekend.. It might not be till Monday then..

Waaaa....

Chuck
03-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Anyone with any concerns should certainly contact our customer services department to make sure that we have up-to-date info in our registration database, and in our sales database as well.

newagetitan
03-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Well that wasn't the answer I was looking for, but fair enough.

Hmmm...support closes at 5 CST. lol

big back comics
03-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi All:

I would encourage those who haven't received the most recent email (or any of the others) to contact Newtek customer service (I called their 800 number) to verify their shipping details. I had received all the previous emails but not the shipping confirmation one of the last week.

I called NewTek customer service today and I am glad I did. They had an old address on record. I gave them my new address and all is good. :)

I even tried to get some more details about the shipping date and exactly what is being shipped, but I couldn't get any more out of the customer service guy than has been posted here before. But I tried.:D

Happy Lightwaving v.8 coming soon to a computer near you!

Thanks,

Hervé
03-27-2004, 12:50 AM
they did not e mail me.... they called me... ha ha

Make sure you (re) register your LW7.5 with the # on the new 7,5 disk you all should have received...

Viva LW8... now me go to my house in Normadie... I need to see the ocean... even though the weather suxxs right now... ah well :cool:

see you in a week....:D ;) I really dont like beers (makes you faaaat), but red Bordeaux wine is calling me... he he:D

Cheers

Hervé

mkiii
03-27-2004, 04:05 AM
We have been assured in other posts that if we have our copies of UVEdit Pro that our email details are correct, and assuming that you haven't moved house since then, so are your postal details.

Incorrect postal details don't explain why just about no one in the Euro zone have been getting these emails .

I know my details are correct, and I *have* verified this with Newtek Europe, who I might add are generally quick to respond & helpful.

So are these emails only aimed at the US market, or only aimed at people who have not upgraded, have old account details, what?

This inconsistency in sending out mailshots is confusing..

I used to get all the 'Cool Friends of Newtek' emails everytime there was a mailshot. Now I get nothing at all.

Is this because Newtek don't want to talk to me anymore?:(

T-Light
03-27-2004, 05:01 AM
I'm in the same boat mkiii, I know Newtek-Europe have my details.

After Chucks post the other day it did strike me that the details may have to be registered with Newtek USA :confused: .

I'm thinking of ringing them Monday just in case.

phil lawson
03-27-2004, 05:16 AM
So we might have to register with Newtek USA now aswell?...jesss, would be nice to get an offical post on what the customer should or shouldn't do here. :)

T-Light
03-27-2004, 05:30 AM
"So we might have to register with Newtek USA now aswell?..."

Can't say for sure, but Chuck stated "contact our customer services department" and "our registration database" and "our sales database". All singular...

As we haven't recieved any of the recent emails and we recieved the UVedit emails from Newtek-Europe, it just leads me to think the US databases are separate and may not include merged European data.

Of course, I could be wrong.

phil lawson
03-27-2004, 05:33 AM
No problem T-Light..I'll give them a shout...better safe than sorry. :)

T-Light
03-27-2004, 05:41 AM
"better safe than sorry."

Agreed, I have visions of recieving the four cd's sometime in September. :eek:

Has to worth the cost of a quick call. :)

T-Light
03-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Oh, And...

I can't remember if this was from a Newtek source or not, but I did read somewhere on these forums that Newtek USA would be handling the initial shipping, as this method worked very well for the 7 release.

Yup, definitely giving them a buzz on Monday, need to get this cleared up.

phil lawson
03-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Cool...I registered on Newtek USA site and left a comment that I was from Europe and wasnt sure if I even had to do this etc...will give them a phone on monday evening here/noon there.

Dodgy
03-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Wouldn't they ship LW straight to the resellers, and let them sort it out? Save postage and customs shinanigans...

Maxx
03-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Dodgy
Wouldn't they ship LW straight to the resellers, and let them sort it out? Save postage and customs shinanigans...

That's my question - I ordered the upgrade through Safe Harbor (I'm in the US), and haven't gotten any of the mythical e-mails. I actually had to call NT customer service twice (and e-mail) before I got my UVEditPro info. They were helpful and nice and all, but I know that NT had my correct e-mail addy as NT had sent me an e-mail just a couple days before in response to a question. So, those of us that bought through a reseller - do we have to contact our reseller and make sure that all info is correct, or are they handling it, or should we contact NT directly? Anyone?

Chuck
03-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by T-Light
"So we might have to register with Newtek USA now aswell?..."

Can't say for sure, but Chuck stated "contact our customer services department" and "our registration database" and "our sales database". All singular...

As we haven't recieved any of the recent emails and we recieved the UVedit emails from Newtek-Europe, it just leads me to think the US databases are separate and may not include merged European data.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Customers who normally register their products with NewTek US would be who needs to contact the NewTek US if they have concerns that we have their correct details. Customers who normally register with our international distributors can expect that they will hear from the office they normally register with, and will receive their upgrade from that office or in some cases through the local reseller from which they purchased.

phil lawson
03-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Cool! Thanks for clearing that up Chuck :) Guess you guys can cancel that reg info I sent there...hehehe :)

Earl
03-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Chuck,

If I ordered my upgrade through NewTek directly (and if I received the UV Edit Pro e-mail), should I have already received the e-mail with the confirmed shipping address? Also, if I ordered the convenience upgrade (in addition to the upgrade), will I receive two shipments (the first containing the "electronic upgrade" CDs, and the second containing the full box/manual/CDs), or will I receive one shipment with the box/manual/CDs? If the latter, will it be shipped at the same time as the "electronic upgrade CDs" or will it be delayed due to production/printing?

Thanks for any help you can provide Chuck...

KouunnoHito
03-27-2004, 03:22 PM
If you registered your product with newtek when you bought it then you shouldn't have any problems. I don't think it will matter if you were on the email list or not.

T-Light
03-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Thanks Chuck.

Much appreciated.:)

Zach
03-28-2004, 02:28 AM
I haven't gotten the email yet either.

I guess I will be calling them monday.

;)

Earl
03-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Just thought I'd update this, for those having a similar problem as me. I called Customer Service, and they confirmed that all the database information for me was (somehow) incorrect. They had no e-mail address listed (even though I received the UV Edit Pro e-mail), and my shipping address was switched with my billing address (I put down my work address for shipping since the mail carier at home has issues with delivering things to the right box). So, if you haven't received any confirmation e-mail from NewTek yet, I strongly recommend calling and getting it confirmed. At some point something must have screwed up their database, and you don't want it shipping to the wrong place! :rolleyes:

Also, since I ordered the "convenience upgrade" in addition to the upgrade to [8], I asked whether or not I would be receiving two shipments. The answer was yes, I would first receive the LW[8] CDs just like everyone else, then about two weeks later I would receive the full boxed version with printed manuals. He did not indicate how quickly the [8] CDs would be shipping...and was very careful not to mislead. ;)

Xacto
03-30-2004, 03:10 PM
Hmm... so I called last week to make sure my address and email was correct -- they said everything looked good. However, I have never received the last email.

Should I call again? Has anyone called to confirm and get an email message sometime after?

:rolleyes:

TSpyrison
03-30-2004, 03:18 PM
I called monday, I believe they are sending out e-mails in batches..

They had my info and everything correct, Said i should be getting an e-mail in the next "batch"

newagetitan
03-30-2004, 04:34 PM
CS replied to my email and asked me to send my contact info, but they did not say if my current info was correct.

I wuv Newtek...I wuv Lightwave...I hate preordering. Uggghhh!
;)

BeeVee
03-31-2004, 02:12 AM
For any users out there that have registered with us at NewTek Europe:

Rest assured that we will send you emails as and when we receive material from NewTek US. If you have registered with us for your free update to LightWave 8, i.e. you have received an email from us about UV Edit Pro, you will receive an email when LightWave 8 has been sent to us and is ready to ship. Please also bear in mind that this message will be translated into five languages, which can take a few additional minutes, but we will do our level best to make sure that everyone throughout Europe, the middle east, Scandinavia and Africa gets their upgrade with the smallest possible delay, and that will be very soon now. You will get an email from us in the coming days asking you to confirm your shipping address, swiftly followed by us shipping you LigthWave 3D [8].

omeone
03-31-2004, 02:31 AM
Ben, can you tell me if UV Edit Pro is only for people who are entitled to free upgrade, or only for those who pre-ordered.

I didn't pre-order because I was entitled to free upgrade having purchased my LW 7.5 copy last May.

I had assumed it was for (purchased) pre-order upgrade folk only, but your post has left me less sure...

(I'd hate to think my IT dept had recieved an e-mail and didn't inform me :mad: )

BeeVee
03-31-2004, 02:43 AM
D'Oh! I was being clever, but of course, those people that bought a LightWave that were entitled to a free upgrade to 8 anyway will be sent an email as well. Thanks for allowing me to clarify that! :)

B

omeone
03-31-2004, 02:45 AM
...but, not entitled to UV Edit Pro?

(sorry, Im surrounded by engineers, their habits are beginning to rub off on me :( )

EDIT Once agian. BeeVee goes above and beyond, and had this sorted out for me straight away, some man for one man!

(btw: problem was at my end, not Newtek's)

artstorm
03-31-2004, 04:21 AM
Ben: Thanks for the information! Now I can sleep well at night again! :D

Looking forward to the coming email!

T-Light
03-31-2004, 05:06 AM
Thankyou BeeVee,

Sending LW8 from Newtek USA to Newtek Europe would be a primary reason for bringing back concorde :p

BeeVee
03-31-2004, 05:26 AM
I always think of you grinning when you post T-Light because of the contented expression on the face of your avatar... :)

We will look into bringing back Concorde, but the problem is that it only flies between JFK and Heathrow/Charles de Gaulle. What we need, rather than Concorde is one of these: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=internerd.com/frinky/images/inventions/teleporter.gif&imgrefurl=http://internerd.com/frinky/frink.asp%3Ftype%3DIN%26page%3Dmuseum&h=175&w=98&sz=4&tbnid=wjeXArFZB_sJ:&tbnh=94&tbnw=53&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmatter%2Btransporter%26hl%3Den%26lr%3 D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

:)

B

T-Light
03-31-2004, 06:54 AM
:D

Tony3d
04-01-2004, 06:38 AM
How about a ship date CHUCK!!!!!!!

Chuck
04-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Apologies, but we're not making any estimates, just doing our best to work toward getting the product shipped.

TSpyrison
04-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Chuck
Apologies, but we're not making any estimates, just doing our best to work toward getting the product shipped.

Dont blame ya!
:D

claymation
04-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Well that's good news. at least you are up to getting it shipped instead of getting it finished.

blabberlicious
04-01-2004, 10:21 AM

Great - so we can expect an electronic download of the App, then content CDs when you've finished writing the Documentation?

That would be the decent thing to do, and get most of us off your backs!

:-)

colkai
04-02-2004, 03:31 AM
Ya know - a download of the manual would do me in the interim, bone up on the new toy before I get it.
Chuck? hows about it? ;)

blabberlicious
04-02-2004, 04:36 AM
I think the manual is still being written....(and then printed & distributed....) so you have more chance seeing the app first.

And Chuck, if that's not true - please feel free to tell me the actually status & means of delivery.

Releasing the program app electronically would at least ensure that the Forum doesn't descend into a swamp of 'I haven't got mine yet' posts.

You never know, the forum might become a place to visit for answers and to share experiences - instead of a crisis centre for the chronically ignored.

I they have sense, they'll follow Worley's example and send a link to a Personal FTP address for each registered user.

But sense seems to be in short supply, along with any answers to perfectly legitimate requests.

We are just about to start a project with extensive rigging and dynamics.

Do we sit on our butts and wait for the 'imminent /almost / near /just/ about to release?

No - because we've lost faith in your announcements. Big time.

Waiting more indeterminate weeks for a few CD to arrive when the app is ready NOW would be appalling.

Chris S. (Fez)
04-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Though I realize it is too close to April 1st to get excited, I read a rumor that 8 is going gold this weekend.

Newtek should just offer a download stripped of all the content. People are going to go nuts waiting.

I received the UVEdit Bonus message but not the other 8 related emails. Should I contact Newtek?

newagetitan
04-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Chris S., when in doubt call. They are not replying to emails same day...at least in my case. However, calling seems to get a quick answer. I imagine their cs inbox is rather full.

Beamtracer
04-02-2004, 07:02 AM
I note Chuck's message on a different thread:

We are working hard to ship LightWave [8] just as soon as we can; we certainly understand you are anxious to receive it, and please rest assured your wait will not be much longer.

This should be reassuring to all those who ordered LW8. No need to worry. It'll be here very soon now.

colkai
04-02-2004, 07:12 AM
I concour,
Seeing as I just got a message checking my post address is correct from Newtek Europe.
:cool:

retinajoy
04-02-2004, 07:14 AM
I just got my Shipping Address confirmation email from Newtek Europe. I guess this means LW8 is shipping very soon. Can't wait! :D

T-Light
04-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Snap :p

Barred
04-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Fingers crossed :D

CAClark
04-02-2004, 09:14 AM
I got the email this morning also. :)

Cheers!

BeeVee
04-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Make sure y'all reply to your messages, now y'hear?! Sorry, came over all Texan for a moment then... must be the weekend getting to me. :)

B

retinajoy
04-02-2004, 09:22 AM
I got one confirmation email in English and the other in Spanish. I replied to both. Does that mean I get two sets of CDS? :)

Dodgy
04-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Got my conf. email this afternoon..... getting excited ;)

badllarma
04-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Ben did all the UK ones go out today as i havn't had mine yet??

andy

BeeVee
04-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Yep, sent them out myself. Send me an email [email protected] so I can find out why you didn't get yours.

B

BeeVee
04-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by retinajoy
I got one confirmation email in English and the other in Spanish. I replied to both. Does that mean I get two sets of CDS? :)

There are thirty five UK users that got sent the Spanish message - it's a treasured and very rare communication! :) It was my mistake because the database was pointing in the wrong direction when I hit send. D'Oh! :)

B
PS. No, it doesn't mean you get two sets of CDs, unless you can tell us in 1,000 words in perfectly fluent Spanish why you should! :)

phil lawson
04-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks Ben...got mine this afternoon and replied. Cant wai[8]!

retinajoy
04-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee
PS. No, it doesn't mean you get two sets of CDs, unless you can tell us in 1,000 words in perfectly fluent Spanish why you should! :)

I have trouble enough with my native English. Estoy mirando adelante a llegar de CDs. :D

I shall now pitch camp by my letter box.

thekho
04-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Got mine too this afternoon. I can't wait to see LW 8. Very exciting :D

Thanks, Ben and his team as well as newtek too. U rock!

BeeVee
04-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Thangyew verrrrr mudge... (you have to say it in an Elvis voice). The only day better than this one is when we actually ship... :)

B

badllarma
04-02-2004, 10:02 AM
just email you now Ben :)

gregsduncan
04-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Got mine today. Was sent from Formal Military Officer Kamiichi via Newtek Europe so didn't understand it at first - had to run it through Babelfish ;)

Caaannn'ttt WWWW88888 4444 8888.

cresshead
04-02-2004, 10:21 AM
got my email too...n replied...
me now have a tingling in my fingers [mexican voice]
....have set up a webcam on my letterbox....so far no movment...!

hey ben...when you get time how about that interview!

steve g:D

Exper
04-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Received! :D

Originally posted by cresshead
so far no movment...!
Me too if I'd can...
unfortunately i'll be away for a little trip...
I can see the pony arriving during that small interval and pushing his finger on the bell:
one...
two...
three...
no response! :( :rolleyes:

mkiii
04-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee
There are thirty five UK users that got sent the Spanish message - it's a treasured and very rare communication! :) It was my mistake because the database was pointing in the wrong direction when I hit send. D'Oh! :)

B

That's dangerous talk Ben.... I'm sure a good number of them are in search of a Spanish translator right now.

Titus
04-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Oh, that wouldn't be a problem for me :D . If you ask me to write 1,000 words in perfectly fluent English, that's another story.

Bytehawk
04-02-2004, 04:23 PM
cheers Ben,

thanks for tha mail.

now y'all over there in Bordeaux better make sure that cd copying machine gets set on overdrive this weekend.

gregsduncan
04-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Are you sure you can write perfect Spanish Titus? It will be tested by running it through Babelfish ;)