PDA

View Full Version : worley sasquatch dual platform

cfrog
03-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Hello to all,

I was wondering if any one could help me out with this.

I am planning to purchasing Sasquatch plugin from Worley and am wondering if I need to purchase 2 copies of Sasquatch, one for mac and one for PC. As I also planned to upgrade my lightwave 7 to dual platform license and want to use one machine to do modelling and one for rendering. (I've read that you could do modelling while leaving lightwave to render in the background, since both of my machines are lower spec, so that's not an option for me at the moment.)

Cheers

cfrog

dmg3d
03-26-2004, 08:41 AM
I believe all Worleys plug ins are tied to the dongle... so whatever machine the dongle is in, thats where the plug in will work.

You might want to get the dual dongle from Newtek before getting Sas... just to prevent any confusion...

-Dave

cfrog
03-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the info.

Since I don't have dual version lightwave, there's one more thing I would like to ask. Do you get one dongle and license key for both pc/mac lightwave? or two dongles instead.
If there's only one dongle and does it mean when you move the dongle to another machine, the first machine will force the lightwave to shut down.

thanks

cfrog

dmg3d
03-26-2004, 09:16 AM
cfrog-

It's one dongle. Technically you're suppose to use it only on one machine at a time. But from what I understand, layout or modeler check for the dongle only at start up...

-Dave

cfrog
03-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks a lot for the information. I will order my upgrade tomorrow. Can't wait to use Sas plugin.

Thanks again.

cfrog

mlinde
03-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Patience cfrog. Although Worley is knee-deep dealing with FPrime stuff, you'd better verify that if you model/animate on one platform using SAS that you can then render on the other. This wasn't true when Sas first came out.

dmg3d
03-26-2004, 11:07 AM
I thought that Sas is tied to the dongle too. I know that's how it is for Fprime... and the purchase includes both Mac and PC versions.

But I agree with mlinde, wait until things slow down at Worley and get some of those questions answered from them.

-Dave

cfrog
03-29-2004, 02:16 AM
Hello to all,

Thanks for all the information and helpful hints. I will check with Worley before I place any order.

Cheers

cfrog

Bona
03-29-2004, 08:14 AM
Hi Cfrog,

I'm using a duo dongle with Sas and Worley has given me license codes for both platforms. Since PC & Mac will generate different codes for a single dongle, you'll need to plug the usb dongle to each platform to get both dongle codes and send them both to Worley. (you'll see those codes in Sas's property panels when you first open'em on each platform)

Just don't forget to tell them you're using a duo dongle when purchase.

Best rgds,

b o n a

cfrog
03-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Bona,

Thanks for the info. That's pretty good. Did you pay the price for one or two copies of the sas plugin when you mentioned the duo dongle license to them?

Thanks

cfrog

Bona
03-29-2004, 10:40 PM
cfrog,

I bought only one copy of Sas when I was using LW 6.5 for Mac. Later, I upgraded to 7.5 Duo and requested Worley to send me both dongle codes. Since your license is tied with your dongle, you don't need to pay twice for the same dongle.

I guess this offer is just for Duo dongles, they did ask me for the 'proof of purchase' of my Duo dongle upgrade from NT.

Cheers,

b o n a

cfrog
03-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Bona,

Thanks for the reply. I will place my order this week as I need it for my personal work. Is there any good site features sas tutorial that you could recommend? For meadow, cliff type of terrain layout, (mainly for still image output).

Thanks again.

cfrog

Bona
03-30-2004, 01:51 AM
cfrog,

I'm using it for stills, too. The most useful Sas tutorials I've found yet are those on Worley's website. Sas has so many options to play with and I'm still exploring them on my humble AMD 2500. Don't forget to download the demos from Worley, I've learnt a lot from those demo scenes.

Cheers,

b o n a