PDA

View Full Version : LW 8 is out!!!!!!!!!

archiea
03-25-2004, 11:32 PM
....real soon now, so get ready!!!!!!!!

Hey, why are you looking so angry!?!?!?
:p

Psyhke
03-25-2004, 11:44 PM
It's a trick! Don't believe him!!

:D

tokyo drifter
03-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Wow, it's great! I just got my download email. Too busy to chat... I got to go through the tutorials. Thanks Newtek!

;)

Nemoid
03-26-2004, 12:59 AM
Its here. :D

smh
03-26-2004, 02:35 AM
You folks got a download link? :confused:

DeltaF86
03-26-2004, 02:37 AM
Man, I hate you you slimey bastard!:p

I had my hopes up and everything...until I saw it was by you!:D

smh
03-26-2004, 02:48 AM
Yet another way to flush your credibility...creativity comes in many forms...:D

Waiting......

mattclary
03-26-2004, 05:29 AM
For those of you who don't know, this is ArchieA's favorite passtime.

nixx
03-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by mattclary
For those of you who don't know, this is ArchieA's favorite passtime.
Yeah, and it's getting kinda old :rolleyes:

nick

theo
03-26-2004, 05:50 AM
This archiea character should consider himself very lucky he isn't a close friend of my mine... Because if this is his interpretation of a practical joke he has no idea what mine may be and believe me it would border on the level of a West Point hazing :mad:

jevinstudios
03-26-2004, 06:00 AM
I believe Archiea is referring to the email sent by NT announcing that LW8 will be shipping very soon, and asks for us to check the address they have on file to verify it's accuracy before the software ships (the shipping address is shown in the email, just to make sure all is correct). I don't know if this is the same system for European customers or not, but got my email yesterday (and all is correct, so I just have to sit back and wait for my friendly Postman to deliver the KEWLEST software ever made!).....

mattclary
03-26-2004, 07:18 AM
No, he just does this every so often. He's like your crazy old grandpa who delights in teasing the children, because he's very child-like himself.

Here's an example:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15187

theo
03-26-2004, 07:26 AM
He's a sadist...

hrgiger
03-26-2004, 07:59 AM
He sure cracks himself up. For everyone else, it's just another pointless thread that he has stolen the 5 seconds of our lives that we took to click on the link. I say everyone send him a pointless private message and fill up his mailbox.

nixx
03-26-2004, 08:05 AM
And it wasn't even funny the first time, either.

nick

theo
03-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Not five seconds of mine Giger- I just came up with a really unique way to inflict pain on someone- the specifications of which, of course, would be inappropriate to go into details at this time. Hmmm...maybe I'll animate a torture clip with an effigy of archiea as the subject and email it to him. Hmmm, too morbid for my tastes though I think.

mattclary
03-26-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm so bored with non-events right now, this is probably one of the more interesting threads.

Maybe I'll go over to the Mac forum and get them riled up somehow. Sorta like kicking an ant bed and watching the ensuing activity... :cool:

DeltaF86
03-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Yeeah, I wouldn't normally reply, but right now I'm looking at every thread on every forum that has LW8 in the subject line.:)

...but you know this is getting pretty damned annoying.:rolleyes:

archiea
03-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Heh, heh... ain't I a stinker!!!

hey its all in good fun, folks. We are all in this togeher....

Sucka-chumps!!!!!

TSpyrison
03-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by archiea
Heh, heh... ain't I a stinker!!!

Stinker wasn't the word I had in mind...

Original1
03-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by jevinstudios
I believe Archiea is referring to the email sent by NT announcing that LW8 will be shipping very soon, and asks for us to check the address they have on file to verify it's accuracy before the software ships (the shipping address is shown in the email, just to make sure all is correct). I don't know if this is the same system for European customers or not, but got my email yesterday (and all is correct, so I just have to sit back and wait for my friendly Postman to deliver the KEWLEST software ever made!).....

OK what we are now looking for now is a practical joke in reverse.
Newtek knows who Archiea is. So when they ship LW8 his name should be at the end of the list for shipment.

Then they run out of product...

Then one of his nearby neighbours signed for the package and misplaces it....

So Newtek sends him another one and the dog eats it...

So they send him another one and he gets snowed in so the postman can't deliver it...

If all this happens I will believe there is a law of karma and and just God for the pain he has just inflicted on the Lightwave community.;)

archiea
03-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Original1
OK what we are now looking for now is a practical joke in reverse.
Newtek knows who Archiea is. So when they ship LW8 his name should be at the end of the list for shipment.

Then they run out of product...

Then one of his nearby neighbours signed for the package and misplaces it....

So Newtek sends him another one and the dog eats it...

So they send him another one and he gets snowed in so the postman can't deliver it...

Are you Kidding? In my neihborhod, that hapens anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Original1

If all this happens I will believe there is a law of karma and and just God for the pain he has just inflicted on the Lightwave community.;)

heh, pain... yeah, lay your woes on lil ole me... :p

theo
03-26-2004, 01:17 PM
uh-huh- now we've got this one pegged. Archiea is one of these guys that runs screaming into avalanche country and gets mad when he gets smooshed.

Sorry budd-boy ya had it comin':D

Beamtracer
03-26-2004, 01:22 PM
I'll go over to the Mac forum and get them riled up somehow. Sorta like kicking an ant bed and watching the ensuing activity
!! :confused: !!

archiea
03-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by theo
uh-huh- now we've got this one pegged. Archiea is one of these guys that runs screaming into avalanche country and gets mad when he gets smooshed.

Sorry budd-boy ya had it comin':D

All of this attention almost makes up for the lack of attention I had in my youth...

Sniff...sniff... thanks you, all of you....

toby
03-26-2004, 01:33 PM

Maybe I'll go over to the Mac forum and get them riled up somehow. Sorta like kicking an ant bed and watching the ensuing activity... :cool:

You don't have to go anywhere to exclude, belittle and act superior, we do venture out of the Mac forum despite the attitudes like yours that we encounter.

mattclary
03-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Oh come on! I was just kidding! :rolleyes:

theo
03-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Ah, I am sure you Macsters will survive the big "ensuing activity" thingamabob- sounds like Clary is already generating Mac fractals! Heck I like to chomp on an Apple now and then myself.

archiea
03-26-2004, 02:13 PM
but....but...its all supposed to be about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

toby
03-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Oh come on! I was just kidding! :rolleyes:
Oh I see, like -

people who point out and belittle other groups by comparing them to ants are as smart as adolescent cavemen.

just kidding :D

KillMe
03-26-2004, 03:06 PM
adolencent cavemen dont diserve that - hell they invented FIRE bow down to the gods of FIRE and do a happy dance and thank those playful pyromaniacs of the past

turbo
03-26-2004, 03:44 PM
When LW8 is out and Annex Pro receives my order they will phone me and we will drive into Vancouver to pick up my cds.
(you funny little bahstage..)..

Ok, so i get bored sometimes with the tedium of technical humdrum.. and pop in here and there..

But after goin through all the LW8 movies.. woah! can't wait.. won't be long.. :cool:

animotion
03-26-2004, 04:00 PM
now I know to never click on or respond to a post started by archiea! maybe all should do the same.

mattclary
03-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by animotion
now I know to never click on or respond to a post started by archiea! maybe all should do the same.

Hell, what else would we talk about? The Mac guys aren't in good humor today, so that's out... ;) (note the wink, that means I'm joking)

Man, you know what we need? A good thread about M*d*! We haven't had one of those in freaking ages!

WizCraker
03-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Hell, what else would we talk about? The Mac guys aren't in good humor today, so that's out... ;) (note the wink, that means I'm joking)

Man, you know what we need? A good thread about M*d*! We haven't had one of those in freaking ages!

I guess we can all laugh about This (http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220030189597%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20030189597&RS=DN/20030189597)

Trying to patent something that has been in use for over a decade.

It is not LW related but it the stupidity of it.

mattclary
03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah! That's the ticket! Maybe I can patent the freaking wheel!

archiea
03-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by animotion

But you just did... Its like a caller phoning a radio personality to say "I hate listeni t you"..... yet they listen....

TSpyrison
03-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by archiea
But you just did... Its like a caller phoning a radio personality to say "I hate listeni t you"..... yet they listen....

Kinda like when they tell you not to look directly at the sun...

WizCraker
03-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by TSpyrison
Kinda like when they tell you not to look directly at the sun...

You mean we are suppose to look at the Sun? Maybe that explains why I see bright spots in my vision.

siproductions
03-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Well I have to admit I was about to shoot you archiea J/K , but I read through all the posts and was laughing at the end of it all. So thanks for an entertaining thread. :D

By the way what exactly is M*d*?? I mean I know that a lot of programmers left Newtek to make it, and it is a modeling program, but that's all I know about it. I have not found a website telling about it. :confused: Is that because it's not released yet? Oh well just wondering. * runs before someone shoots* :D

hrgiger
03-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by siproductions

By the way what exactly is M*d*?? I mean I know that a lot of programmers left Newtek to make it, and it is a modeling program, but that's all I know about it. I have not found a website telling about it. :confused: Is that because it's not released yet? Oh well just wondering. * runs before someone shoots* :D

It is a modeling program made by the original makers of Lightwave/Modeler along with some other programmers who left Newtek. As of yet, it does not exist. So far, it's vaporware.

siproductions
03-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Ahh Gotcha. Thanks for that info.:)

Signal to Noise
03-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by hrgiger
... So far, it's vaporware.

That must mean it's heavy into particle systems.;)

harlan
03-26-2004, 11:34 PM
blaaaaaaah...someone please shoot one of those particle systems straight into my brain...

riki
03-27-2004, 09:44 AM
If it's coing out in the next few days, we could be looking at April Fools day release :)

DeltaF86
03-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey, that's cool with me. As long as Chuck dosen't start one of these threads on April fools:D

archiea
03-27-2004, 07:27 PM
what if LW 8 comes out april 1st? Any claims regarding stability or updated could be regarded as a... well... joke.....