PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow and objrep.p

Jockomo
03-25-2004, 01:05 PM
I just wanted to post this in case anyone else runs into this problem.

The objrep.p plugin was changed from version 7.5 to 7.5c
I don't know exactly what changed in it ( (Perhaps Kurtis would care to enlighten us) but the new version does not work with RealFlow's mesh loader.

Basically it will show the meshes change when scrubbing the timeline and it will render fine with F9, but it will stay stuck on whatever mesh is last displayed when hitting F10 to render.

The solution is to reload the older version of the plugin from the 7.5 disc.

Kurtis, I don't know if you remember discussing an issue with objrep.p with me, but this is the answer to my problem.

Intuition
03-25-2004, 06:39 PM
I did the same as well.

But I haven't upgraded my Realflow from 1.5 yet.

So I don't even have 2.5 to play with.

Which version of realflow are you using?

Not that it matters since I think the plug-in inside LW creates teh same results.

I will be upgrading my realfow soon though.

I always use the F9 to check it anyways as well.

Jockomo
03-25-2004, 11:15 PM
I am using 2.5 or whatever the latest download is. The program is good, the support and manual could use some serious help.

caesar
03-26-2004, 05:23 AM
I used RF v. 2 and 2.5, in this last version all the plug ins from RF changed

Jockomo
03-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Yes the RealFlow plugins for lightwave have changed, but the objrep.p plugin comes with lightwave.

The RealFlow plugins use the NewTek supplied objrep.p to do the replacement of objects. The fact that it is broken is NewTeks fault. However the makers of RealFlow know about this and don't bother to mention it in the documents for their Lightwave plugins. It seems to me that they should write their own version of the objrep.p if they can't get cooperation from NewTek on this issue, which they have expressed is the case.