PDA

View Full Version : Graph Editor

Ditherer
03-25-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm trying to make sense of the Graph Editor. I want to copy a set of keyframe values and paste them further down the curve. Simple enough, I'm sure, but whatever I do it doesn't seem to work and it's driving me insane!

If I select a range of frames, go to Keys, and select Copy Selected Frames, and then try to paste them...nothing. The manual is useless. (It talks, for instance, about selecting a Footprint, without explaining what a footprint is...AAARRGGHHH) Deadlines!! Help!

Ditherer
03-25-2004, 01:15 PM
To reply to myself!
Just (finally) cracked it, by copying the selected frames to my own, named, keybin. Then selected a new position and Ctrl+Shift+LMB and Insert From Bin...JEEEZ!!!

tallscot
03-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Real intuitive, isn't it?

I use a few applications, including Lightwave (novice, admittedly), where I feel the developer should spend a lot of time making the application more intuitive. Flash's timeline, for example, is total crap IMHO, when compared to After Effects/LiveMotion, for example. Likewise, when I was first learning Lightwave, just learning how to save a project out was a chore.

LW 8 does look like it has some improvements in regards to ease of use...I'm waiting till it's out for a while before I take the plunge.

toby
03-25-2004, 02:37 PM
whatcha wanna do is Copy Time Slice (cntrl+c) then Paste Time Slice (cntrl+v)

Ditherer
03-26-2004, 02:47 AM
toby.
I tried what you say originally, but it just did nothing, hence my "solution"!! Perhaps it's a Mac thing?...
Crisis over, anyhow. Life's too short as it is, without LW getting in the way!

Andrew Sweet
03-26-2004, 03:49 AM
I guess/hope the new DOPE SHEET in 8 will help here!! should make key managment easy.

Andy

toby
03-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Ditherer
toby.
I tried what you say originally, but it just did nothing, hence my "solution"!! Perhaps it's a Mac thing?...
Crisis over, anyhow. Life's too short as it is, without LW getting in the way!

???

Did you have Channels selected? This works on the Mac.