PDA

View Full Version : online Engine blueprints?

TSpyrison
03-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Anyone know where I can find some engine blueprints (ford or chevy V8) online?

I want to build a (semi) accurate "hot rod" motor model, and all of my google searching has turned up nothing but junk...

:)

duderender
03-25-2004, 11:19 AM
My buds and I had an issue to, so we just used photos and scaled from them.

Engine models are hard to come by. Try getting your hands on the mechanics handbook as it gives more info than your Chilton DIY manuals.

handron
03-26-2004, 09:38 AM
You might want to try buying a $5 car model kit and puting together just the motor components. They have hod rod models and the motor detail is very accurate. In fact, I had built just the engine on some models and put them on my dresser. Scale your motor and your set. :)

Meaty
03-26-2004, 02:32 PM
try looking into getting a chilton guide...

http://www.chiltonsonline.com/

mrunion
03-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Maybe one of these links will help?

They are for a Mazda Miata, but it shows engine parts.

http://www.mazdaformance.com/miataparts.htm

ballew
03-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by TSpyrison
Anyone know where I can find some engine blueprints (ford or chevy V8) online?

You could try contact a local auto dealer parts department. They can print out illustrations from their parts catalogs which you could scan. Some of the electronic parts catalogs can even fax the illustrations directly and if you have a fax modem you could get use the faxed image as a background to model from. Also, General Motors publishes a book called the Chevy Power Book that has both small and large block blueprints in it. Your local Chevrolet dealer should have a copy ($7 to $8).

Craig

Pooka
03-29-2004, 01:33 AM
I made also a Hot rod last year and used this image as reference for the engine.
Maybe this will help you.

TSpyrison
03-29-2004, 06:37 AM
Ooh, now thats nice...

Kreck
01-09-2005, 07:39 AM
nice engine maby you know some tutorials how to make an engine???

TOXIC-3D
01-11-2005, 12:47 AM
You might want to check out "Ebay" believe it or not... I was & have been interested in building the legendary Elephant motor, the 426 Hemi... "Can you say Hemi...? I bet'cha can..."

Anyway, I have actually had verbal conversations with Big Daddy Don Garlits about getting my hands on actual blueprints of this motor and was basically told that it would never happen unless I could find someone who had copies from Chrysler themselves... He told me that there had been a Hemi Engine (plastic) model that was done in the late 60's in Garlits name that was as accurate as was ever available but that it had been discontinued years ago and that I should give Ebay a shot... I did,... and man was I glad I did. Not only did I find the original one that he mentioned for a meer $20. but I also found a "New" 125 piece "Metal" model kit of a fully "Blown" Hemi... (The blower was the builders option whether or not it was to be used). This kit came with "rubber belts", "spark plug wires", "turning fan & crank)". And I got this one for $20. aswell...

I've spent years of wasted time attempting to find blueprints of engines & cars alike and found little or no information or help concerning it... it seems that those who have, want to keep, and those who don't have are left to keep looking... Another idea is to try and purchase an actual "Factory Manual" for the perticular engine/car that your attempting to build. I purchased one of these lost dinosaurs 10 years ago for the "Dodge 1968 Charger RT". The book is better than 2" thick and has more than you could ever imagine when it comes to the wealth of information... Although you can plan on paying out the poop'shoot for it if its original... "I paid $125. for mine 10 years ago..."

"Hope it helps..."

"Toxic'..."

:D

prospector
01-11-2005, 06:09 AM
they use to build a 1/4 scale transparent engine sold at Toys R Us.
Dunno if they still make them or not.