PDA

View Full Version : Projecting a movie on a surface, how?

etyrihje
03-25-2004, 12:30 AM
I am battling my way up (what I concider) a steep learning curve, and I am starting to gain some control over Lightwave, but now I am stuck...

I have modelled a "peep-hole" in a door, and in making a Point-of-View shot I want to project a quicktime movie on a flat surface behind the Peep hole.

I have been looking through the manual and "inside LW 7" but I canīt seem to find out how to project a movie onto a surface. (I feel sure I have seen this somewhere in the past)

I could alternativly have blue and key in my image later, but this would make two compromises: a)I want the film to be affected by the glass in the peep hole, b)I want to make a slight camera move and keeping proper perspective.

Any help on where to to find the buttons, and how to use them to project a quicktime movie onto a surface is deeply appreciated!

pdrake
03-25-2004, 12:33 AM
in the light properties panel at the bottom, there is an option for "projection image". you can use a movie there.

etyrihje
03-25-2004, 01:13 AM
It doesnt seem to accept a normal Quicktime movie (I tried a DVpal compression file and an Animation file, even tried a QT movie exported by LW).

(Then again I am having difficulties importing normal JPEG files too, atm it only seems to accept targa images... I know I used JPEG images just a week ago)

FenrirWolf
03-25-2004, 02:37 AM
You might want to re-run an add-plugins scan of your plugin folder. IIRC, LW only supports Targa right out of the box. It needs I/O plugins to read jpegs/bmps/etc.

Matt
03-25-2004, 03:35 AM
It can load Quicktime movies, you just have to say "Show All" in the load requester. Then you can select one (or alternatively add *.mov to your image filetypes in the LW.cfg file).

I'd probably also use either 'No Compression' or 'Animation' to ensure the best quality.

I have had problems over Screamernet with movie files as texture maps. Some nodes just left it out, so ended up with a flickering movie. Anyone else had that?

(Oh and definately re-scan your plugins like FenrirWolf suggested)

etyrihje
03-25-2004, 04:24 AM
Thank you very much!

My problem was the missing plugins, what I really wanted was to use a movie a surface, which didnt work untill I rescanned for plugins.

Thanks for the help!