PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected quits while quitting in 10.3.3

Johnny
03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Almost everytime I quit Lightwave 7.5c since installing 10.3.3, I get an unexpected quit dialog box, with a request to submit a report to Apple..

The crash report says:

Exception:EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

At the top.

Anyone else? I get this while working on the G5; I can actually work in LW or modeler for hours on end; it's the quitting that produces this report.

J

John Doogan
03-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Yes, I'm getting this fairly often but haven't managed to establish a pattern yet, also quitting sometimes takes a long time. FPrime has also generated a few crashes. No crashes in modeler

Tony3d
03-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Dump all Lightwaves preference files in the user/library. Then scan for plug-ins again. There are 3-4 files that need to be dumped. This solves most problems for me. I have no problem with modeler or layout. Sounds like a corrupted pref to me. You may also want to repair disk permissions with Apple's disk Utility.

mlinde
03-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Did you repair your disk permissions? This often is forgotten when updating, and resolves many odd, random problems...

Johnny
03-24-2004, 09:19 PM
I can try that again, but I'm pretty sure that I ran the gamut of tools and permissions-repairing with Onyx right after my 10.3.3 installation.

worth a try...

It's not the 'quitting when I quit' itself that's a bother, but whatever wonkiness may lie underneath it that bugs me.

J

Beamtracer
03-24-2004, 09:44 PM
I agree with Mlinde that repairing permissions is the best shot to fix this.

When a program is quit it writes its preference files to the disk as it closes. But if it doesn't have permission to write that file it will crash.

Use Apple's Disk Utility and select "repair permissions" after EVERY software install.