PDA

View Full Version : VIssum data to Lightwave! Help!

3djab
03-23-2004, 05:26 PM
I work for a transportation consulting firm in California. I'm doing some R & D for our simulation group and we are attempting to create higher resolution animations of our traffic analysis data. To make a long story short, we use a program called "VISSUM". The company, PTV, is based in Germany. This program creates traffic/intersection scenarios based on the data that we input. It also creates very crude looking animations in avi format. Really cheesy looking! We want very hi-res animations. (2 minutes long maximum) The problem is that the program does not output data in a format that any 3d program can recognize. It will out put X,Y,Z data and time related to those coordinates. The other problem is that we may close to 100 to 300 cars coming in and out of frame within those two minutes! And it all has to be accurate to the analysis data! (whew!) My question is: has anyone out there in the Lightwave world heard of know of an LScript or plug-in that can handle this kind of info? Some kind of automated control of the spreadsheet data that relates to controlling a vehicle on screen? Any help or leads to answering or solving this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tom Speed
03-31-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi,

If the Vissum data format is easy enough to understand, a suitable script could probably be written to do what you want.

Please email me for more info!

Thanks
Tom