PDA

View Full Version : CG Copy & Paste probelm

fbcamory
03-23-2004, 12:18 PM
I am currently having a problem with a full VT(2) crash when trying to copy and past large amounts of data or graphics. This also occurs when I try to adjust the layers for a large amount of data. Has anyone seen this problem before and has anyone found a workaround or preference change to help.

Thanks

Paul Lara
03-23-2004, 12:35 PM
by 'crash', do you mean an error panel pops up? Lockup? does the app simply disappear?

One of the principal causes of interface problems like this is a corrupted graphics card driver.

fbcamory
03-23-2004, 01:50 PM
The problems occurs in the following order.

1. The application locks (accepts no input)
2. Error box appears stated an error with the application has occurred and will be shutdown.
3. The application closes.

Thanks

mgrusin
03-26-2004, 11:27 AM
I've seen this too. :( After cutting a ~150 line text file from Notepad into CG for an admittedly long roll, it chews on it for a while, then I get a "low physical memory" warning from VT (I have 1GB), then an "increasing your virtual memory" warning from Windows (I had set it at 2GB), then the disk-swapping starts (VT is unresponsive, e.g. not refreshing windows), then VT (not just CG) crashes and disappears (usual Windows error box).

My impression is that CG doesn't like running out of physical memory. I ended up generating the bitmap in Adobe Illustrator, it was ~500 x ~12000 pixels. PS I'm on Win2K SP4.

Thanks Paul! -MG.

fbcamory
03-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I haven't had the physical memory or the virtual memory messages but this sound like the exact sme problem.

Any help?

mgrusin
03-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Out of curiosity, how much physical RAM do you have?

You can turn on VT's memory warning in Preferences. If it isn't already on, you might try turning it on to see if it reports any problems before a crash. If it IS already on, :confused:

Good luck! -MG.

fbcamory
03-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Current setup has 1GB of RAM.