PDA

View Full Version : no avi options anymore :(

jabbermike
03-23-2004, 03:02 AM
Hi there.

A couple a days bevor I renewed my XP Pro installation from scratch. My lightwave folder is on an other disk and the configs reside and are redirected to that disk.

yesterday I wanted to save an animation out of Lightwave but when I try to set the options for the AVI(.avi) type no window pops up like it used to do.

The strange thing is that I have a Direct Show (.avi) option where all the available codecs are listed. but there is not much to adjust there.

I scaned the plugin directory and reloaded all available plugins, but nothing changed.

So I installed LW over the old version, but the only thing that changed is that I have to register the new installation :(

Did somebody run into this and found a solution?

thanks in advance,

mike

Bushmsn
03-23-2004, 09:29 AM
so all this happened before you did any thing to your Xp?

Kurtis
03-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Mike,

LightWave gets it's AVI codecs and such from your operating system. You might try making sure you have Windows Media Player 9 installed. Even if you do, if you recently did something to your OS, you might try reinstalling WMP9.

jabbermike
03-23-2004, 01:37 PM
mediaplayer9 is installed and working.
and the problems started after renewing my XP intallation.

mike

Bushmsn
03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Try installing another codec to see if win has deleted or moved your codecs you had. also search for your codec to see if there still there.

jabbermike
03-24-2004, 12:23 AM
I intalled PowerDVD yesterday and now everything ist working alright. strange but true >:)

mike