PDA

View Full Version : Interior: Bedroom

otacon
03-22-2004, 10:13 PM
This is supposed to be a murder scene, but there are only small hints.....i didnt want to just load the place with blood everywhere. I tried to get the mood across with the lighting, and other stuff. Comments appreciated!
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/bedroom14.jpg

IgnusFast
03-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Crap. The more I hang around here, the more I feel like a raging newbie.

Great work, though!!! Aside from maybe some post-processing to match the sepia tone aging, it's awesome!

Hervé
03-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Great scene you have here... you're going so fast.... are U doing LW all day...? you seam to have good reference photos or real interior..

Oh look, a bloody knife on the floor...

BTW, where do you find your nice floor textures...?

Cheers:D

Hervé
03-22-2004, 11:26 PM
forgot... did you render in LW or F_Prime... I guess LW....

wacom
03-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Unless he comped it I'd say that he didn't use FPrime- there are volume lights in there...

Jure
03-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Another great render of yours! I like the old desaturated look of it. Now the next step would be just to add a bit of dirt and wearing on objects and it would be absolutely stunning.
BTW how long did it took you from start to finish?

Great work!

Dillon
03-23-2004, 03:02 AM
Very nice!

I love it.

Dillon

tokyo drifter
03-23-2004, 03:17 AM
Beautiful piece! The only crit I can make is that the pillows might look better with some subtle ripples or dents in the fabric, they just look a little too perfect for me the way they are.

thedaniel25
03-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Cool, disturbin subtle details. Like the bloodstain at the lightswitch and the carvingknife at the floor. And all other things in the that room makes you wounder what has happend and how. I LOVE pics with a story. An beautifuly executed too. Almost look like a photo.

Keep up the good work.

otacon
03-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks. I do sit around a lot working with lightwave...im not in college yet, so i try to hone my skills as best i can with all my free time.;) I try to get reference from the internet...the furniature and stuff....i think that makes it more believable. Ive been working on this for about a month, but thats not a month straight....there were times when i took a week or two off from it. I wish i had F-Prime during the ligting setup, that would have saved me loads of time. I get my floor textures from wherever i can off the internet...ive built up a library of textures over time. I think i got this particular floor texture from this site...http://perso.club-internet.fr/lemog/lemog_textures/acc_textures01.html

Heres some close ups of the details.
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/details.jpg

Jure
03-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Wow, the details realy are impressive. The clock seems kind of unfinished without numbers to me though.
The glass beside it doesn't look quite right too. But that's just neatpicking.
Great work overall!

Hervé
03-24-2004, 02:09 AM
That is indeed a great lighting work here...; and without F_Prime..... woaw.... how long did it takes ?? (Care to share your Lighting rig a bit....?)

thanks
hervé:D ;)

Zarathustra
03-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the link!

Beautiful shot. Not in college yet? geez.
Well, you're my perfect example of how to go about school and career:
1) Get your own computer and LW
2) Work hard at it on your own
3) Go to a school for the sake of networking and to get a job, the hell with "education"
4) Quit school early and enjoy your new job

You're halfway through my plan :D

As for the image, I'll be picky ONLY because it's so damn good...
The wood furniture looks fine up close, but your initial shot leaves them looking rather flat - in need of more spec and/or reflections
The closeup of the suitcase gives away the floor is just a texturemap and not geometry
The pillows and blanket hanging over the foot of the bed aren't very "real" looking. The wallet also looks like an afterthought - not on par with the quality level of everything around it.
It seems strange that an older looking home would have an angled wall like the one behind the dresser.
The bulb in the lamp seems too small.

After all that, now you can teach me how to light a scene :p

otacon
03-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the tips. The wallet was added at the very end, just to fill some space.:) Heres the lighting setup. The render took about 4 hours, but i need to upgrade, so once i do that these renders shouldnt take so long. Also, the scene has about 45,000 polys.
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/roomlight.jpg

Hervé
03-24-2004, 11:22 PM
That is great, I was not waiting so much, but You're da man Otacon, I've showed your piece to my daughter Isabelle (16), and she said, "... so what's the deal with that photo.... ?";)

She said photo... humm good point for you... !!

Cheers... !! and thanks for the Lighting rig..

Hervé

kuik2c
03-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Looking at your bedroom "photo", I just give up to post my bedroom view anymore...
realy respect wht you can do at your age! Keep going!!

Alan Daniels
03-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by otacon
...I think i got this particular floor texture from this site...http://perso.club-internet.fr/lemog/lemog_textures/acc_textures01.html

Man oh man, that is one HANDY site! Thank you for posting this.

Btw, forgot to comment: Your work looks great!

thekho
03-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Very nice work! But i think your knife and blood from the wall should get rid of it, cos your bedroom looks too clean. If you want a murder scene in the bedroom, you should have add dirty, dark mood and lot of bloods.

Keep the great work!

KissMyGrits
03-26-2004, 04:50 PM
<3

Zarathustra stole all my critiques. Bastard... Very good scene, rather kosher lighting. If anything, your squares are too square and your softs are too soft, and your focus is too focused, but hot damn is it saucey! I'm wondering why those drawers are open, surely to intimate some struggle, but the idea that such struggle would ensue starting by the bed and moving to the dressing, shocking both enough to open some drawers, even those in the mini-cupboard on the dresser, not to mention the light. That bulb would best be shattered. Also, the small table outside the door seems to have the same kind of "shafts-through-a-window" lighting as the main room except from the opposite direction, which to me is a slight bit distracting. If there is a window there that's a really small house, and I think all of us probably pictured a nice big two-story.

Tell us the story!

sKb875
03-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Ok, that was a nice and wonderful room, until I saw that knife.. That just totaly freaked my out. lol. :D Looks so real, if I didn't know better I would think it's real.