PDA

View Full Version : sizing up Texture Environment

renderingfarmer
03-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Heya.
I've got a piece of video I'd like to process in Lightwave. The simplest way to explain it is 'think of the bullet ripples in matrix'-kind of thing only a little different, and knowing my skills, a little crappier.
Here's the basic set-up: I've got the video clip in Backdrop Texture Environment. The transparent objects (which 'morph' their background so to speak) are animated and the video is rendered with those spiffy alpha channels. This file is later composited over the original DV.
Anyway, my question is this: How do I best scale the Texture Environment so that it fits perfectly into the camera lens. I'm happy with all my render-tests but now that the time has come to get the final thing done, I realize that there is always an offset. Any advice on ideal offset and scale? Or perhaps a smarter way of doing this?
Much thanks in advance.

pixelinfected
03-23-2004, 08:32 AM
don't use texture environment
or you build a simple box, cilinder or sphere to map movie, which you can see easely in layout, or you start with a lot of big troubles.
if you know that your background is exactly the video, use background, from postprocessing panel, then go to display panel (hit d) and select like camera view background the backdrop image. which give you all reference to work.

then you could work easely to match background with 3d, if i not understand, tell me more.

renderingfarmer
03-23-2004, 09:52 AM
ah yes! Thank you so much for this advice. It's working great.

renderingfarmer
03-23-2004, 10:31 AM
crap. No it's not. The image map on plane was a great idea, but for some reason my objects aren't interacting with the background anymore. What the heck? It's as if transparency of an object isn't letting the texture through.

renderingfarmer
03-23-2004, 10:32 AM
woh ho. haha I'm an idiot. actually everything IS fine after all. Thanks for your help, again.